PrivateDerby

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back

Cruise control pretty much all game.

Couldn't pick a bad player....

Bolton are truly woeful...

MOM Martin.... Special mentions Hughes, Ibe and I thought Eustace did particularly well....

Could have been 5/6.

Bolton had two shots all game that I could think of on target all game.

Enjoyed it!

Regards the Mafia

Dougie Freedman:

"I tried to out-football Derby and I got it horribly wrong. But you cannot legislate for us playing football suicide.

Well I'm sorry Dougie, you can at least try to legislate against it by not trying to out-football a side that is capable of, and more than likely will, absolutely wipe the floor with you. If his players were committing footballing suicide then surely they were only following the lead of their mental leader..... :rolleyes:

More Useless... What do we have to do to hear Omar coming?

People like you, that is, people who

a) don't support the club

b) don't support the players

c) don't go to games

Make me want to puke.

Feck off to Forest.

LOL at the panic 15 mins ago, we have dominated this half.

We completely dominated the whole game, and could easily have won by 4 or 5. Absolutely brilliant team effort today.

Well I'm sorry Dougie, you can at least try to legislate against it by not trying to out-football a side that is capable of, and more than likely will, absolutely wipe the floor with you. If his players were committing footballing suicide then surely they were only following the lead of their mental leader..... :rolleyes:

He said that to take all the pressure of the players, and to deflect the flack from them.

Looks to me like he set up to try to get a draw.

There was a mini protest outside the ground too. I think there were five people shouting garside out.

As we worked past, one of their idiots started getting all aggressive with me - it was hilarious at first but soon turned a bit nasty. He started with the usual "You fat bast*rd" (true - can't argue with that) but I pointed at the 'JUST EAT' on my shirt and said "I'm only following orders". He then, for reasons that still leave me baffled, started singing "Small town in Leeds". I pointed out to him that Derby is 80 miles from Leeds, whereas Bolton is less than 50 from that hole, which got me a "fook off". At that point, we walked away a little quicker. He didn't follow me, which was a surprise (and a relief - I'm in my 60's). He looked very angry indeed.

I have to say that was a brilliant display by Derby. We can all see Bolton are not that good but a large part of that was the realisation of their players after a fairly short period of time that they were playing someone above their level.

The work rate of the team as a whole was superb, Bryson in particular without the ball closed down so much it was very very impressive. As some points in the game Bolton did not know what to do with the ball such was the closing down & shape of our side.

Massive credit to the coaching staff and the players for implementing a brilliant match plan and credit to the owners for assembling this squad. As has been said by others..................... If we keep this standard up we will be promoted. 

Need to calm down a bit, yes we played well today... but that Bolton team was another world of woeful.

I dunno mate. After seeing the criticism of each individual and calls to change the system it's nice to have a bit of balance restored.

We're a good team and it often seems that folks look for problems where if we were looking at Derby as fans of another Championship club I'd be quite frightened of the depth, ability and style.

Even our second string team is decent.

They all know the gameplan so well.

I think we'll win the league. We're not invincible and we'll get beat when we're not at it because we're not THAT good.

I only worry about complacency and any bad January upsets like under BD.

As we worked past, one of their idiots started getting all aggressive with me - it was hilarious at first but soon turned a bit nasty. He started with the usual "You fat bast*rd" (true - can't argue with that) but I pointed at the 'JUST EAT' on my shirt and said "I'm only following orders". He then, for reasons that still leave me baffled, started singing "Small town in Leeds". I pointed out to him that Derby is 80 miles from Leeds, whereas Bolton is less than 50 from that hole, which got me a "fook off". At that point, we walked away a little quicker. He didn't follow me, which was a surprise (and a relief - I'm in my 60's). He looked very angry indeed.

there was a will hughes look a like bolton fan at the train station. I had to laugh when the derby fans started shout 'you make hughes look tanned'. He got quite upset. Then the police wouldn't let him on the train.

Archived