Reports: Qatar Stripped of World Cup

Srg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nowt to do with Sepp.

Except that everyone should have known it was never going to be practical to host a world cup there in the summer and that it was likely that all the domestic leagues would be against it moving to winter.

Assuming it is moved. Blatter was in charge of the fiasco and should go / not be re-elected at the very least.

Great if true.Obviously I would love USA to get it,but isn't their a rule about what continent gets it?Australia is considered asian for football purposes so I assume they have the edge.We will see.

I think that is the rule but if not come on US.I could be thinking about the Olympic rules.

No chance of them taking it away from Qatsr - to much money has been spent in one way or another!!! They will move the tournament to during the Football season even if it does screw up the domestic seasons.

I totally agree - it would be the end of FIFA (although that would be no bad thing) because Qatar will take them to court to compensate for the billions spent already on the infrastructure and stadia.

No chance of them taking it away from Qatsr - to much money has been spent in one way or another!!! They will move the tournament to during the Football season even if it does screw up the domestic seasons

they never said in their "plea" or whatever you call it, anything about moving the summer event to the winter. so that wont stand up., theyre in trouble with the whole slavery issue,potential boycott from players due to season change, gender discrimination, homophobia, slavery,human rights stuff,  danger for fans being in the middle of a feckin' desert so forth and so on. i cant see this happening at all. that "nation" or 200,000 business fellas are going to be pisset auf, but it aint going to happen.

they never said in their "plea" or whatever you call it, anything about moving the summer event to the winter. so that wont stand up., theyre in trouble with the whole slavery issue,potential boycott from players due to season change, gender discrimination, homophobia, slavery,human rights stuff,  danger for fans being in the middle of a feckin' desert so forth and so on. i cant see this happening at all. that "nation" or 200,000 business fellas are going to be pisset auf, but it aint going to happen.

All of which is completely irrelevant in law.

The ONLY reason that FIFA could take the World Cup away from Qatar would be conclusive proof that they ONLY won it via a corrupt voting process which Qatar themselves had instigated.

All of which is completely irrelevant in law.

The ONLY reason that FIFA could take the World Cup away from Qatar would be conclusive proof that they ONLY won it via a corrupt voting process which Qatar themselves had instigated.

bolderdash. how is it completely irrelevant in law? fifa will be pressured eventually to give it to a suitable country. 

Archived