Forest fans think they've beaten us already

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest fan in peace (sort of).

Think it'll be a close game, would be massively surprised if it was high scoring and either team runs away with it. We've had a good start to the season obviously and confidence around the club is sky high but Derby games always rattles the nerves of everyone. 

I wouldn't use last season's 5-0 as any type of comparison to go on for this game, only Darlow will remain from that starting 11 thank God. Guy bloody Moussi. 

Our line up will most likely be:
Darlow

Lichaj Mancienne Hobbs Cohen

Burke Lansbury Reid Antonio

Fryatt Assombalonga

Haven't seen your lot so far this season (apart from the Carlilse game) but a few of my Derby supporting mates are a bit worried, the midfield battle on the 14th should be brilliant to be fair.

I reckon we'll nick it 1-0 with a 95th minute winner from Reid leading to Stuart Pearce doing an 'Adebayor style' run towards the sheep shagging fans  :D

The game will be defined in the first half an hour. 

The combination of having Psycho in charge, the 5-0 battering and Forest being top will have them absolutely baying for blood, they'll come out charging. Big test as to how we react and handle ourselves, McClaren has a real emphasis on professionalism in these occasions while you feel Psycho will be psyching (pun firmly intended) his lot up early on to get into 'em.

While it is a big test I can't help feel playing Forest will be 80% defending crosses and set pieces, which in the times I've seen them seems to be the only thing they score from. We very rarely do back to the walls defensive performances, but I expect we'll be inclined to with a focus on counter-attacking on Saturday. Russell, Ward, Christie and Forsyth will excel at this.

Forest are set up like the kind of team I hate us playing against, and it's f*cking annoying.

They're happy not to have possession - in fact, their possession stat is negative. 

They're happy to play many, many diagonal balls - everyone knows how good we're at defending them.

They've set up with a game plan that's an open book, it's one of those that really irritate me - Burnley last season were very similar, and remember how well we did against them?

We're going to have the majority of the ball and we're going to have to get through a pretty rigid defensive side. It's possibly the best kind of system for us to come up against and to their credit, they play it well.

I would make the bold decision of having a midfield trio of Mascarell, Bryson and Hughes and try make them run around kicking thin air. It's a tough one, but we need to, and I'm sure we will, set up to make them play our game.

Martin on Mancienne - Hughes, Mascarell on Cohen and Lansbury - Bryson on Reid. 

Assombollocks is the split of Mason Bennett in the way he plays so you'd hope we'd have contingencies for him. A ball of energy that lacks finesse around the box, keep him as far and away from the area as possible. 

It's going to be our toughest test, but also theirs. We need to deal with their 'Burnley-esc' style better than we did last season, that's for sure. 

Forest are top of the league, unbeaten, and full of confidence.

Why would they not think they're going to win?

Whether they will/do, is a different story. But you cannot blame them after the start they've had.

There's a difference between thinking you're going to win and thinking you've already won. 

If we play well, I'm very confident we'll win, but I know that we have to play well

There's a difference between thinking you're going to win and thinking you've already won. 

If we play well, I'm very confident we'll win, but I know that we have to play well

Can you explain the difference please.

can you also show me someone who thinks they've 'already won' please.

Thank you.

I had a look on their forum and they look fairly well balanced. They know we're the better side, you can see that in their pre-match build up, but they know they can win if they play to their strengths and not ours.

I don't sense any arrogance from them at all, they know they haven't been outstanding this season despite results, and know that if we pull our finger out they're going to be up against it.

For what it's worth, results aside, I think our performances have been better than theirs but they've been more 'instinctive' in their finishing so far this season.

Can you explain the difference please. can you also show me someone who thinks they've 'already won' please. Thank you.

1. I'm confident that we'll win if we play well vs. they are ****, we'll beat them whatever the performance.

2. I don't read Forest forums so I have no idea about that. I'm just going by the thread title which you seemed to criticise.

Archived