England one dayers

Ovis aries

​...did... did you just complain, state that they should give youth a chance, then ask why a player who would have been the oldest in the side hasn't played?

He's a spinner isn't he? Not exactly favourable for Australian conditions.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should have brought Hales into the side about 6 months ago. Everyone apart from the England camp could see that and they've brought him in far too late. Bopara should have played as well. Very underused as a bowler and he's a capable batsman/finisher. Apart from that, you just have to accept that some of the batters haven't performed to their capabilities and the bowling is nowhere near good enough. Obviously England should be getting through the group but their level is a losing quarter-finalist. They aren't anywhere near the top teams

cricket, much like football, is played best when played naturally, with instinct.

Cricket under Moores, seems like Man United under Van Gaal. Burdened with too much information. A simple game made complicated by over-officious self-important men.

How many of the current team receiving a yard high (sorry don't do this modern stuff) , full toss down leg side , first ball , would try to knock it into Christmas ?, most of them would have to "Have a look " .

De Villiers would "Have a look" , to see how far he had hit it .

Can't believe I wasted my money following this ***** :lol:

Serious problems all the way through the England set up right now but it does feel a lot more normal for me, having grown up in the 90s, for us to be totally hopeless again.

England cricket team will never recover from the totally unfair KP affair. 

Im not interested in England cricket much at all now after they drummed out our best player 

prawn sandwich brigade i hope your proud of yourselves 

​I don't care whether he was the best player. He thought he was bigger than the team, he was a bully, and it must have been pretty horrible to play with him. I'm just hoping he never comes back.

I'd rather watch inept one day failure than moderate success with him

​The thing is, there are deeper problems than that. A side like England shouldn't struggle to make the quarter finals, let alone fail to all together. This wasn't a minor failure and simply lacking "their best batsmen", the entire style and methodology of the side was entirely off. They don't look like a side that has any idea what they're doing in that form of the game. 

Look at a side like Ireland, who regardless of what happens against Pakistan have performed well with what they have at this world cup, even with England literally taking their best players. They knew their game plan, and they executed it well. 

The worst part for England is that they still have Afghanistan to come. Virtually nothing England could do in that game can make up for the rest of the tournament so far, but they can certainly reach a new low. 

Archived