England one dayers

Ovis aries

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has not just happened, for years now we have struggled to get three hundred in fifty overs.

If you can not get at least that you have no chance.

KP or no KP we did not get big scores when he played either , simply because we had the wrong approach , India , Sri Lanka , and the Aussies knock the s*** out of the ball right from the off , we , (although Ali has tried to push it since opening ), poke the ball back down the wicket for about fifteen overs, then try to up the tempo, trouble is we have mostly lost three or four by then.

Lets live or die by the sword , give it some , from the first ball , if its there to be clouted, clout it .

England have the whole of England, Wales, South Africa, New Zealand, India, Zimbabwe, Australia and Ireland to select their team from, and frequently do.

Ireland have three pubs left (that England haven't noticed yet) to select theirs from.

West Indies 304-7, Ireland 307-6 in 45.5 overs.

It's all about balls - and Ireland's are about as big as a planet right now.

West Indies are an even bigger joke than England right now. That helped a lot

West Indies are an even bigger joke than England right now. That helped a lot

If England play them, I'd put money on Sammy getting his maiden ODI century and eight wickets.

If England play them, I'd put money on Sammy getting his maiden ODI century and eight wickets.

And he would deserve it too. Not the most talented, but a superb professional.

I actually feel sorry for the West Indies. Dwayne Bravo, Pollard and Narine are huge misses. 

And he would deserve it too. Not the most talented, but a superb professional.

I actually feel sorry for the West Indies. Dwayne Bravo, Pollard and Narine are huge misses. 

Massive.

I'm a big fan of the Guinness-swillers though - they have a fantastic attitude. I reckon that Sammy must have Irish blood in him.

Massive.

I'm a big fan of the Guinness-swillers though - they have a fantastic attitude. I reckon that Sammy must have Irish blood in him.

And UAE up next so they have a great chance to win two in a row. Fingers crossed for a decent Scotland performance tonight.

And UAE up next so they have a great chance to win two in a row. Fingers crossed for a decent Scotland performance tonight.

Currently 22-4 - not looking good.

...wow... England... wow...

Net run rate may very well come into this in the end. At this rate England could well have a net run rate beyond -4 after today, making absolutely thrashing Scotland vital and beating Bangladesh and Sri Lanka crucial for England to make the quarters. 

New Zealand are looking good. 

...and it's over... in 12.2 overs...

England's net run rate so far is around -3.95. A staggering 6.05 below Bangladesh. England may as well forget about net run rate and turn their attention to just beating all their remaining opponents, any losses now could put them out of the tournament. 

Eyes must turn to England v Bangladesh, Bangladesh v Sri Lanka and England v Sri Lanka, they may well end up deciding who goes through at this point, and that's before taking into account that Afghanistan and Scotland could still have a say. 

For context, Scotland put up a bigger fight against the Kiwis. 

Feeble is the word for it. Compare the intensity of the Kiwis who really made it  look like this was a World tournament against England's tentative prodding.

I'm not going to rant about it, but putting Ballance at three completely changed the set-up we had worked on in the warm-ups and Treadwell has been our most reliable bowler.

Finn got what his bowling deserved in the first game. The hat-trick he got then, made up of outfield catches, belied the fact he was well down on pace and general confidence.

Scotland must be confident!

Archived