England one dayers

Ovis aries

Stokes played a nice little cameo for England yesterday - but he was only warming up.

I've just watched him utterly destroy Notts in the 50 over thingy - 164 from about 110 balls.

Laughingly, Notts's piss-poor wicketkeeper Reid dropped him off an absolute dolly when he had made just 12.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

Worked out what England need. I just slag off players like Morgan and Gurney like I did today and bingo! They play a blinder. That Alastair Cook - he's rubbish and could never lead us to World Cup victory.

Get slagging away at Morgan again ,

He is worse than Cook at the moment, big worry for the World Cup

Get slagging away at Morgan again ,

He is worse than Cook at the moment, big worry for the World Cup

I'd need to slag them all off and right now I don't have the spirit for it.

Make no mistake, Australia are good, but it seems we go into the game with the wrong mindset. We look like we are hoping they won't bowl fast and won't be too beastly to our bowlers. No-one looks like they want to dominate the other team.

I'm glad they left Bopara out because he's the perennial under-achiever, but this only highlights they should have selected Stokes (even though his recent record ain't great).

Even though Finn took 5, he didn't look too threatening and Anderson looked like someone considering his retirement.

The saddest thing is that England's performance wasn't a surprise. Even the soundbites before the game said they were good 'on their day'. Trouble is, we need to string together 6 or 7 'days' to win it.

Quite.

A complete inability to bowl at the death, an over-reliance on the completely unsurprising slow short ball and a wretched top-order batting performance.

Quite a hattrick.

Also an inability to take catches. Finch a big miss to say the least. Sacking cook for being out of form and giving the job to Morgan doesn't seem like such a good move. He's long been a player with more misses than hits but this run of ducks is particularly bad.

I dont see anyway back for KP, the bullying claims etc.Its a shame, he was brilliant to watch on his day.

Kp is a much bigger miss in one dayers than he is in test cricket. He fell out with moores in facts he's fallen out with everyone except for piers Morgan.

England have the whole of England, Wales, South Africa, New Zealand, India, Zimbabwe, Australia and Ireland to select their team from, and frequently do.

Ireland have three pubs left (that England haven't noticed yet) to select theirs from.

West Indies 304-7, Ireland 307-6 in 45.5 overs.

It's all about balls - and Ireland's are about as big as a planet right now.

Archived