Cyrus Christie against fulham

South Ram

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both full backs put in terrific performances.

I was harsh to give Fossie a 6 in the match thread, it was at least a 7 - it's just Christie looked so good coming forward today, it's hard not to mark him down for giving the ball away more often in comparison.

Forsyth's defending was magnificent today, though. His concentration has come on leaps and bounds.

A rare case of a Derby scapegoat turning his career around. He was the fall guy this time last season.

I'm being harsh, I've just been very disappointed with him going forward this season. I guess he's been asked to be more defensive, it's crazy how we've suddenly switched from a mostly left sided team to a mostly right sided one when attacking. Forsyth looks a little demotivated to me but I must agree that he defended excellently today.

Christie was quality today. His forward runs down the wing were excellent along with his cut ins.

He looks very comfortable with the ball in the opposition area. Links up very well with Ward and Russell.

Certainly a good prospect. Defended very well and so far looks better than Wisdom when going forward

I don't think we'd get anyone as good as Wisdom defensively this season but Christie does not disappoint. Obviously he'll have his flaws as he's a young player but his ability going forward is frightening for the opposition especially if they've got a pretty boy "I'm not tracking back" sort on the left wing. 

Ward and Christie today linked up better than Coutts and Brayford used to and that's the biggest praise I can give them at the minute considering most of our good play came down the right with the latter pair. 

It feels like Eustace just added more balance to the team and that meant we could attack more freely. Expecting a good performance Tuesday and Saturday now to build on yesterday :) 

Sometimes I don't think he really knows what he's doing until he's done it going forward.

But that shows that he has a knack for the attacking fullback role. His talent comes from instinct, not training, which is a good thing.

Archived