Did Dawks flip the travelling fans the bird??

CheltenhamRam

My brother was sat near the dug outs. As Dawks got subbed the fans starter jeering, to which he apparently responded to by giving them the finger as he removed his wrist strapping. Brother is convinced it wasn't a cheering off, rather celebrated. They sang the Russell song as soon as the sub was made (normal I guess...).

Can anyone confirm or otherwise? All second hand info so take for what it's worth.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do that if no one booed though, doesn't make any sense. Plus most reports seemed to say he was back on form so why would anyone boo if so? Maybe just unhappy that we were losing and he was subbed similar to Ward in previous game?

Why do that if no one booed though, doesn't make any sense. Plus most reports seemed to say he was back on form so why would anyone boo if so? Maybe just unhappy that we were losing and he was subbed similar to Ward in previous game?

It was a jeer from a portion of the away support, no question. It looked subtle but the bench definitely picked up on it and gathered around him as he sat down.

Merely reporting what I saw.

I didn't think he played well, very little end product and a lot of wasted possession - some of it comical, but no agenda to single him out.

That's what I cant understand about it, he aint played great overall but hardly anybody has yet so why single him out after about 1 game of the season, cant be doing with that sort of thing, no time for fans like that and don't really want to be associated with it at all.

That's what I cant understand about it, he aint played great overall but hardly anybody has yet so why single him out after about 1 game of the season, cant be doing with that sort of thing, no time for fans like that and don't really want to be associated with it at all.

Personally I was surprised when he started tonight, a bit unfair on Russell to not play as he has looked better recently imo. He was very frustrating to watch tonight, fans just a bit pissed off tbh.

Still, unless the player's not trying - which Dawks certainly is doing plenty of - fans should never boo their own player. Good to see that the bench comforted him - shows the good team spirit that we have. Hopefully this motivates him and not the opposite - he looks short on confidence as it is.

Yeah I can see both sides with Dawkins, I quite like him overall but can also see the frustrating side of him, though I also get the same feeling with Russell and Ward too lol, but did expect Russell to play tonight (and Mascarell tbh), certainly we need to get 7 or 8 playing well in the same 11 rather than 2 or 3 as it seems to be at the minute.

Without knowing the facts, if the scenario was him being jeered (even by a minority) and he gave them a swivel, good on him. If that is the case, and he's done this, it's clearly getting to him. He's trying. It's not as of he's purposely playing (what some perceive to be) poorly, he's trying and his efforts seemingly aren't appreciated.

Archived