Charlton v Derby County

Day

Wouldn't be the end of the world!!! Have you not read recent threads on here? For some it would be, Curtains.

With that in mind, if we do draw tonight and a few worlds end this forum should be a bit more positive from Wednesday onwards!

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The headline doesn't really back up with what they are saying on the report. All teams struggle if they are really pressed but its a lot easier said than done. Hopefully after the solid start we can start to play a bit, I would be happy with another point though.

Charlton fan here, just signed up.

Good luck tonight! Don't know much about your new players and am looking forward to the test and it'll be interesting to see how our new and improved side contend with promotion favourites.

Don't worry about the bog of the pitch you played on last season (and to some extent the season before), there has been some major investment over the summer and now looks like this: 

"https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p526x296/10614159_729818700404721_5290853190736217895_n" alt="10614159_729818700404721_529085319073621">

The pitch dimensions have also been altered and our pitch is now bigger than Wembley and Old Trafford, only marginally smaller than the Emirates. That appeared to be a factor against Wigan on Saturday as their legs tired and we were able to snatch a late winner.

The CAFC players to look out for are:

• Igor Vetokele: a strong Belgian forward signed from FC Copenhagen for

Haha! Did wonder if I might've come across as too positive.

To even it out a bit, you might be ble to get at our full backs who have been culpable on both goals we have conceded so far this season. Our left back Rhoys Wiggins has been slow off the mark, so attacking him might well be a tactic you use. On the right hand side, Chris Solly struggles to be fit for two games a week and might be replaced by Lawrie Wilson (or England U17 international Joe Gomez) for tonight. As well as that, our captain Johnnie Jackson looks like to be struggling to keep up with the new players and is spending large periods of the game watching the ball go past him, through him and over his head.

Let's just say though that I know we won't (or rather, shouldn't) roll over.

I've never seen a player look so hapless and outrun as Johnnie Jackson did at the iPRO last season, poor sod had to contend with us on one of our better days.

We've started slow, but defending in numbers and with determination. Less than 2.5 goals looks a dead cert, but who knows,

It says that Rhoys Wiggins has been poor so far and Solly has a slight injury - full-back is probably their weakness at the moment. In light of this, I'm hoping that we get good performances from our wingers tonight - hopefully Mac won't have them play as inside forwards as he has done so far this season, instead getting us to run at them and put in some good crosses for Martin to get his head on. 

Archived