Charlton v Derby County

Day

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent seen as yet a determination running through our team to make up for the playoff final disappointment last season only talk about how it inspired Leicester last season and no actions.

We've played 3 league games.

Fair enough if you're saying that 2-3 months into the season and we're still looking a little dodgy, but not 3 weeks.

Just watched Full 90 via Rams Player.Unfortunately couldnt listen to live audio yesterday.Anyway here is my take on the match:

We simply are not playing with any urgency or at the speed that made us so good last season.Not sure if we are trying too hard or just not enthusiastic enough.Ward played better,but again Dawkins and Martin are just not much right now.

Even the defense was terrible today.Worst game by far by Omar and the team as a whole.When we got to the final third we simply gave it away too easily.

Overall bad loss to a lets be honest subpar team.I do not feel that we were overrated going into this season but I do think we need to live up to that hype and that begins with playing with energy at all times and play faster as well.

Overall team performance: 5/10.

MotM: Ward

Suggestions for Fulham:Best to start and speed up the game.

Just the third game of 46 but we need to up our energy level and stop giving ball away too easily.

I've watched the whole match on rams player too.

I thought that charlton deserved some credit.

They could pass it around very nicely.

Especially in the first 15 mins they outplayed us and scored a good goal.

We got back into it and played reasonably well for the rest of the first half.

The penalty was unfortunate.

In the second half we were less impressive.

Charlton had identified that we were playing it out from the back and began closing us down quickly.

As a result Grant resorted to hoofing it about 5 or 6 times.

We didn't really get going.

Twice dawkins displayed the sloppiness apparent at hillsboro when he put simple cross field passes straight into touch.

Omar v hughes isn't really the issue.

We just can't get going.

Agree with virtually all of that Ram Nut except I don't think Dawkins deserves a special mention with regard to sloppiness. Several were guilty od that.

Agree with that - I was at the game and the midfield as a whole are just not firing yet.  Lets not panic, but like many others have said i would prefer to see Hughes playing further up the pitch

I havent seen as yet a determination running through our team to make up for the playoff final disappointment last season only talk about how it inspired Leicester last season and no actions.

glad you are back notts_ram. Where were you when we were good, where where you when we were good?

I'm currently watching the game - deep into the second half - and I would argue Dawkins has been our best player, he's been positive in a lot of his movements.

We look poor in central midfield, but I'd be happy with both wingers and full-backs they've looked fairly positive and shown their quality. Both centre-backs have been asked too many questions due to the lack of protection of the central midfielders. 

I'm currently watching the game - deep into the second half - and I would argue Dawkins has been our best player, he's been positive in a lot of his movements.

We look poor in central midfield, but I'd be happy with both wingers and full-backs they've looked fairly positive and shown their quality. Both centre-backs have been asked too many questions due to the lack of protection of the central midfielders. 

Saying that, he's just played two balls out of play when there was no pressure..  :ph34r:

Archived