Charlton v Derby County

Day

Big match this. Hard to tell how good some teams are at this stage and Charlton, like Wednesday, seem to have been getting better results this time around.

A loss and the negatives will be flowing from some already very jittery fans while a win and things will look fairly decent with 2 wins out of 3 and a cup success.

Wouldn't start Dawkins partly for his own protection, some clearly have it in for him so might be better coming off the bench and turning a game to get folk back on his side.

In fairness he was poor on Saturday (don't understand the criticism of him from other games so much) but the team should be picked on performances as indeed I believe it to be, that's why Russell was dropped to the subs bench after a shaky start to the season himself.

Who plays in midfield? Mascarell needs a serious look after Saturday and seems he might get the nod, though not sure Hughes would come in for quite such a physical battle here as he did at Hillsborough. I'd give Bryson another nod as he did look a bit better on Saturday I felt but needs to push on now and Hendrick's goals should keep him in despite a slightly lesser display latest.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant

Christie Keogh Whitbread Forsyth

Eustace

Hendrick         Hughes

Russell      Martin          Dawkins

Charlton 1-2 Derby

Hendrick in the first 15 minutes.

Charlton between 35-45.

Best winner 75-80.

Only Whitbread due to Buxton' hip and the tablet taking before games. Can't see him surviving 2 games a week.

Looking forward to this one.We need to start finishing our chances more and Dawkins needs to pick up his game a lot. However,I would not mind seeing Russell get a start.

Teams like Charlton are the ones we need to get three points from and I think we will.It is a big match simply because games like this are ones we should dominate.We will see.I think Omar should start this one.Anyone agree?

Hi first of all safe trip to all the rams fans tommorow, hope you don't enjoy the occation to much though;)

Firstly I would not think of us as easy work, 8 New players this year in the starting squad and we look a better class then last year

Big Bob has got us playing a good passing game, and Jordan Cousins and Igor Vetekele will be the players to watch as Igor was starting for Europa league side FC Kopenhagen last year

I think this game will end 1-1 we are certainly alot more optimistic this year! We also have a experienced backline with Bikey and TBH.

I expect this to be extremely tough, but I'm gutted I can't make it tomorrow night - I love the Valley for some reason, and I've always liked Charlton. One of my favourite away days.

A lot of this comes down to the pitch - it was awful last year, and we couldn't get the ball down and play. Would imagine the new boss had a thing or two to say to the groundsman over summer.

I think a lot of clubs which have struggled in this league have had a bit of a wake-up call and have ditched survival football for something more positive by bringing in managers with a better philosophy. Places like Charlton and Weds are tougher places to go to than before, because not only will they try to stop us, they might (heaven forbid) actually think about trying to beat us.

I'd happily take a point again on Tuesday. If we win, it would be a fabulous result as it would be a sign that we're getting into full swing, and I think the Valley will be seen as a tough place to visit this season.

Can anyone name a pub they know a group of Derby fans are meeting up in. I am travelling to the game solo so would welcome fellow rams fans to have a pint or 2 with if not too much of an inconvenience. As far as I am aware, I am not a ****.

A) The Pilot, North Greenwich - from there you get a bus (5min) to the ground.

B) Check the three or four pubs right near London Bridge station likely to be populated with rams (including myself).

C) if they fail, head to the Antigallican opposite charlton station. It's a complete dive and stinks of piss but it's the designated away pub in Charlton.

Archived