Charlton v Derby County

Day

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I can't understand is why Johnny Russell and Omar Mascarell are not starting?

Mascarell improved our game at Sheffield Wednesday by calming the play down. Why start Hughes again when the team played better under Omar?

Russell is our best winger yet he is on the bench. Bizarre.

This team didn't work on Saturday against a distinctly average Championship side. It could also be the players being out of form but, either way, I would have thought continuing with the team that finished at Shef Wed would have been better than the team that started but looked shakey.

What I can't understand is why Johnny Russell and Omar Mascarell are not starting?

Mascarell improved our game at Sheffield Wednesday by calming the play down. Why start Hughes again when the team played better under Omar?

This team didn't work on Saturday against a distinctly average Championship side. It could also be the players being out of form but, either way, I would have thought continuing with the team that finished at Shef Wed would have been better than the team that started but looked shakey.

my thoughts exactly 

Why not give them a second chance? If this was March or April, it would be difference, but ditching some of these players after 2 games wouldn't be the best move for their confidence...

They're human beings, not numbers and digits.

Russell, despite missing two chances he should have done better with, did more than Dawkins or Ward did all game. Was always there with the defence splitting run, which Ward or Dawkins never seem to do, ever.

Mascarell was the obvious choice, we looked immensely better with him dictating.

Mascarell might not be ready for a start, that one is tricky. Only the coaching staff know why he isn't starting but I trust they have their reasons. He's still settling in and he has only made 2 half hour sub appearances, plus he's in a new country where he doesn't speak a word of the language.

Really can't understand why Russell isn't playing though. That does baffle me.

Archived