Mascarell

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as he came on and Hughes pushed forward the whole team seemed to click again, everybody looked a lot more comfortable and Mascarell was controlling the midfield, slowed the play down and calmed everybody down, very Thorne esque in the way he plays which is a bonus, like to see him start at Charlton if he's fit enough, I have a funny feeling the whole teams performance will be much better

As soon as he came on and Hughes pushed forward the whole team seemed to click again, everybody looked a lot more comfortable and Mascarell was controlling the midfield, slowed the play down and calmed everybody down, very Thorne esque in the way he plays which is a bonus, like to see him start at Charlton if he's fit enough, I have a funny feeling the whole teams performance will be much better

Didn't Mascarell come on for Hughes..?

When he dummied their CM with the balls bounce  :wub:

I can't even describe what he did but it was just so god damn cool.

YES!

I was gonna post this earlier but i didn't know how best to describe it either.

Completely humiliated their lad. 

Would very much like to see him start vs. Charlton. 

Hughes is not suited to that holding role, far less effective, Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson have been ineffective in all three games.  Yesterday's game was by far the toughest test that combination has had this season, and they were barely in the game.

Would very much like to see him start vs. Charlton.

Hughes is not suited to that holding role, far less effective, Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson have been ineffective in all three games. Yesterday's game was by far the toughest test that combination has had this season, and they were barely in the game.

I would say Hendrick has been effective.... Seeing as he's scored twice :)

The more difficult the opponent, the more we need a proper defensive midfielder, rather than an attacking midfielder trying to restrain themselves. Sheffield Wednesday away isn'teven the toughest game in the division.

I would like to see Mascarell, Eustace or Thorne, when he returns from injury, as the only three players even considered for the defensive midfield role for the rest of the season. Hughes will have to fight it out with Hendrick and Bryson for the attacking midfield places.

Mascarell to start on Tuesday, Eustace on the bench.

Archived