Mascarell

Mascarell should start Tuesday and Bryson should be on the bench. Hendrick and Hughes both ahead of him for me, Bryson not got back to the form since he got injured last season...don't understand how Hughes got taken off ahead of Bryson yesterday.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When he dummied their CM with the balls bounce  :wub:

I can't even describe what he did but it was just so god damn cool.

That was the highlight of the game for me - absolute class.

Shame we're not going up because SIMON DAWKINS

The outright hatred and hostility shown towards him yesterday by Derby fans was, quite simply, shameful.

The outright hatred and hostility shown towards him yesterday by Derby fans was, quite simply, shameful.

That's so over the top. Hatred? Hostility? Shameful? He was playing cr@p and supporters let him know. That was all. When he plays well, supporters will let him know that as well. Get over it. Too much touchy feely going on here. 

On topic though, Omar looked absolute quality. 

That's so over the top. Hatred? Hostility? Shameful? He was playing cr@p and supporters let him know. That was all. When he plays well, supporters will let him know that as well. Get over it. Too much touchy feely going on here. 

On topic though, Omar looked absolute quality. 

I'm over it - and I reckon that the next time he plays well, I will praise him to the rooftops.

I bet you others won't.

I'm over it - and I reckon that the next time he plays well, I will praise him to the rooftops.

I bet you others won't.

Indeed eddie, they won't.

Unless Dawkins' whole game and style of play changes to that of a traditional winger, then the vast majority of our vocal fans will moan and groan every time he gets the ball because they fail to comprehend that we don't play with (traditional) wingers.

Now, by all accounts he WAS poor yesterday, poor at holding onto the ball, poor passing, poor control, didn't move the team forward at all, so people SAYING as such are perfectly entitled to do so - but the disproportional criticism (just how many players were off it yesterday?) and jeering is a like a contagious disease

We can't dominate every game can we now. We can't play well every game either. We have come away with a point and did not concede. I have been saying since the beginning that Hughes best position is the advanced central mid position. Attacking mid. So many people were like no it isn't it's the deepest lying midfielder. Now we have come full circle and people are saying he can't play the role he is currently in and that he should play as an attacking mid. We suffered an injury and we had to make sacrifices. Now it is not his best position but he is as good as is available to us to play that role/position. 

If we stuck Mascarell there, after a few matches he would also put in a average performance and get dominated. Then everyone would be calling for his head to roll. The coaching staff should know well in advance who is most suited to play certain opposition in that role. Whether it be Hughes, Mascarell or Eustace. Eustace is not someone we need on the bench for every game. He is the player we should be looking to every 7 or so games. 

The way the wingers are performing it might be better if we dropped one and stuck Mascarell, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick all on at once. Those players could pass a team into submission. We could play more narrow down one wing. But the winger could also swap sides throughout the match as is what happens currently. We can't play exactly the same system every week. 

I say stick him on along with the others. But don't be calling for him to be dropped if he has a below par performance in that position at any point. If he has two or three in a row then by all means change. 

They will if he plays well, surely? I know I will. 

Some will, I'm sure - but you know some Derby fans as well as I do. We have our fair share of idiots.

Indeed eddie, they won't.

Unless Dawkins' whole game and style of play changes to that of a traditional winger, then the vast majority of our vocal fans will moan and groan every time he gets the ball because they fail to comprehend that we don't play with (traditional) wingers.

Now, by all accounts he WAS poor yesterday, poor at holding onto the ball, poor passing, poor control, didn't move the team forward at all, so people SAYING as such are perfectly entitled to do so - but the disproportional criticism (just how many players were off it yesterday?) and jeering is a like a contagious disease

Not many, imo. I thought we did ok against a good Wednesday side. We were under the cosh a lot first half and stuck to our guns, finished the game strongly and had the best chance of the game. Not much wrong at all, good away point.

I would like to see OMG start on Tuesday...but it wouldn't surprise me to see Eustace start .. I can see the management not wanting to put too much on OMG at this point...plus we have 3 home games in a week coming up...either way the end result must be positive......

Archived