OFFICIAL: Connor Sammon to ITFC on Loan

InigosLeftPeg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish him all the best. If you could bottle his energy then you'd be able to build Vegas in Africa. However, I don't envisage too many unhappy Derby fans, well, there will be none.

I've not seen a player so universally hated by Derby fans since Eddie Lewis. 

I certainly don't hate him.  I don't think he suits the way we play now, and we definitely overpaid for him (both fee and wages), but I would have no problem having him around as a last 15 minute option to change a game.  From what I've seen of Ipswich, they're a bit more direct than us, and they play with 2 up front, so he'll probably do okay for them.

Does this mean we'll be getting someone new in or are we going to stick with Martin, Best, Ward, Dawkins, Russell and if needs be bring back Bennett for the front 3 spots?

The way we play, 5 is not enough. Suffer just one slight injury and then we only have one attacking 1st team sub. Ward, Dawkins and Russell are all injury prone. 

Sammon does get chances, but he is the worst finisher I have ever seen. He passes it to the goalkeeper more than half the time. 

I'm surprised no one has done a compilation video.

Anyway, all we, as fans, can ask for in players is effort, and he gave that. It's not his fault he isn't a very good footballer. Useful, yes, but gone are the days of battling with 'useful' players.  

I think you always would like to have 3 main strikers as a Manager.

I'd agree if we played 442, but as we only play with one striker I think if we were to get another attacker in a winger would be more useful as we're bound to pick up some injuries amongst Dawkins, Ward and Russell at some point if last season's anything to go by, so more cover there would be handy.

To be fair to Sammon, he always gave 110%, he was rarely injured, tired opposition defenders hated him coming on in the last 20 minutes, he didn't 't suit our 433 system and he did get the odd valuable goal. I wish him well.

Good news. Poor player for us overall, based on the price, wages and performance but in the right system (direct, not relied upon for 15, 20 goals a season), he could make an average championship player. He always gave his all and seems a good bloke so good luck to him.

I certainly don't hate him. I don't think he suits the way we play now, and we definitely overpaid for him (both fee and wages), but I would have no problem having him around as a last 15 minute option to change a game. From what I've seen of Ipswich, they're a bit more direct than us, and they play with 2 up front, so he'll probably do okay for them.

Agree, I reserve the word hate for Forest and Leeds, and Millwall fans

I certainly don't hate him. I don't think he suits the way we play now, and we definitely overpaid for him (both fee and wages), but I would have no problem having him around as a last 15 minute option to change a game. From what I've seen of Ipswich, they're a bit more direct than us, and they play with 2 up front, so he'll probably do okay for them.

Agree, I reserve the word hate for Forest and Leeds, and Millwall fans

Archived