OFFICIAL: Connor Sammon to ITFC on Loan

InigosLeftPeg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this mean we'll be getting someone new in or are we going to stick with Martin, Best, Ward, Dawkins, Russell and if needs be bring back Bennett for the front 3 spots?

Another winger, I imagine. Then Best becomes cover for Martin, rather than out wide.

Mick McCarthy does tend to quite like strikers who resemble dogs chasing sticks...this is no exception.

Good luck with that one, Ipswich.

Would like to see another new face coming in up front so we have plenty of depth alongside Martin and Best.

Oh ... and can we have a centre back please?

I wish him all the best. If you could bottle his energy then you'd be able to build Vegas in Africa. However, I don't envisage too many unhappy Derby fans, well, there will be none.

I've not seen a player so universally hated by Derby fans since Eddie Lewis. 

Tell you who I feel sorry for.

The Ipswich fan who comes on here beaming with optimism, who then sees our comments in this thread...

Now now, they said that about Cyrus Christie. A new move could be good for him.

Was his last goal for Derby that last minute one he shinned into the ground and then it bounced up over the wrong-footed keeper who was clearly expecting a real footballer to be taking a proper attempt at goal?

I really hope so!

I can't help but feel that we now NEED another winger, for another attacking option. As well as another CB/RB

Was his last goal for Derby that last minute one he shinned into the ground and then it bounced up over the wrong-footed keeper who was clearly expecting a real footballer to be taking a proper attempt at goal?

i was just thinking that... thats got to be last november/december!

Do we need anyone though? With Best in we've got the same cover as last season and we can always hit the loan market if we get any injuries. Seems odd to get another player in just to warm the bench, I think a CB is more pressing. Could be why we were linked to Wood though.

I think you always would like to have 3 main strikers as a Manager.

Archived