Championship Table Predictions

Chris Mills

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who do you guys think the top 6 and bottom 3 from the Championship will be this year? I personally see it as:

1st Fulham

2nd Derby

3rd Cardiff

4th Brighton

5th Wigan

6th Norwich

22nd Birminghamt

23rd Blackpool

24th Rotherham

Brighton going up in the playoffs.

Pretty much agree with all of this. NFFC may slip in with Chumbawumba signing. Also think norwich go up (with us)

Guardian

1. Derby

2. Norwich

3. Cardiff

4.Watford

5.Wigan

6.Middlesborough

7. Fulham

8. Blackburn

9. Wolves

10. Forest

11. Ipswich

12. Brighton

13. Bournemouth

14. Brentford

15. Charlton

16. Reading

17. Bolton

18. Sheff Wed

19. Millwall

20. Huddersfield

21. Leeds

22. Blackpool

23. Rotherham

24. Birmingham

1. Cardiff

2. Norwich

3. Derby

4. Forest

5. Fulham

6. Wigan

7. Blackburn

8. Boro

9. Reading

10. Brighton

11. Watford

12. Bolton

13. Wolves

14 Bournemouth

15. Leeds

16. Ipswich

17. Sheff Wed

18. Charlton

19. Millwall

20. Huddersfield

21. Birmingham

22. Brentford

23. Rotherham

24. Blackpool

Guardian

1. Derby

2. Norwich

3. Cardiff

4.Watford

5.Wigan

6.Middlesborough

7. Fulham

8. Blackburn

9. Wolves

10. Forest

11. Ipswich

12. Brighton

13. Bournemouth

14. Brentford

15. Charlton

16. Reading

17. Bolton

18. Sheff Wed

19. Millwall

20. Huddersfield

21. Leeds

22. Blackpool

23. Rotherham

24. Birmingham

1. Cardiff

2. Norwich

3. Derby

4. Forest

5. Fulham

6. Wigan

7. Blackburn

8. Boro

9. Reading

10. Brighton

11. Watford

12. Bolton

13. Wolves

14 Bournemouth

15. Leeds

16. Ipswich

17. Sheff Wed

18. Charlton

19. Millwall

20. Huddersfield

21. Birmingham

22. Brentford

23. Rotherham

24. Blackpool

Put a quid on that at the bookies.

Independent

1. Wigan

2. Middlesborough

3. Derby

4. Cardiff

5. Fulham

6. Brighton

7. Ipswich

8. Norwich

9. Watford

10. Forest

11. Reading

12. Blackburn

13. Bournemouth

14. Bolton

15. Wolves

16. Millwall

17. Leeds

18. Huddersfield

19. Brentford

20. Charlton

21. Rotherham

22. Birmingham

23. Sheff Wed

24. Blackpool

Birmingham - good pre-season, but I think it's just covering over the cracks.

Blackburn - a dark horse this season, definitely one to watch. Gestede and Rhodes looked bright last season.

Blackpool - They've put a reasonable side together, but they'll be down there - no doubt.

Bolton - They're still scrambling for players, Juke has gone and he will be a big miss for them.

Bournemouth - I fancy them to give it ago next season, a lot depends on Wilson's ability to step up.

Brentford - They've done some shrewd business and have a tight knit squad. It will be interesting to see how they do.

Brighton - They've lost some key players, that's for sure. It depends on how their replacements perform. O'Grady replacing Ulloa is laughable though.

Cardiff - good squad and should do well, but Solksjaer doesn't fill me with confidence.

Charlton - No idea. They're the surprise package one way or another.

Derby - Not really strengthened the squad, but managed to keep the core group of players around. I'd be surprised if we didn't do well.

Fulham - Felix is a funny man, they have a really good young squad though. I imagine they'll give some bright talents their debut season and it'll be down to how they do.

Huddersfield - They've been written off by a lot of people, I, however, think they're okay and should stay up.

Ipswich - Surprisingly been called a dark horse. I don't think Ipswich are a strong side at all, I'll be surprised if they make the top half.

Leeds - They've signed a talent in Bianchi; Doukara, I'm not convinced; if they sign the Juve defender that should help. Not dead and buried, but Hockaday doesn't inspire confidence.

Middlesbrough - I think they're going to be strong this season. Omerou is a beast, Kike is a talent and they still have strong connections to one of the best academies in the world.

Millwall - the 'Wall are pretty much in the same knick they were last season, similar season beckons.

Norwich - Their manager choice is unfathomable, but they do have talented players. If they do sulk and spit their dummy, it's hard not to see them finishing top six.

Forest - They've made some movements in the window and freed up some of the deadwood. Nevertheless, the manager is a big question mark and the player they've brought in to be a goalscorer is hugely unproven.

Reading - Weakened their squad a bit, still look okay. I doubt they'll be as good as last season, mind.

Rotherham - scattergun approach to the window looks to have unearthed a few players that could do well. I imagine they'll be in good spirits to fight relegation.

Wednesday - Their team looks poor and their squad depth awful. They could be in trouble.

Watford - They've got a good team, another team to look out for this season.

Wigan - Good end to last season and will be desperate to show it again. I fancy them to challenge.

Wolves - Most over-rated team in the division, IMO. They're good, but certainly not promotion challengers. Lack of strengthening has really hinder their chances. 

Top Six: Derby, Fulham, Norwich, Watford, Middlesbrough and Wigan.

Forest: 9th - Assombolognese to score 16 goals, four penalties.

Leeds: 19th - skin of their teeth.

Bottom three: Birmingham City, Sheffield Wednesday and Blackpool. 

Archived