2. Cardiff

3. Forest

4. Blackburn

5. Norwich

6. Boro

22. Sheff Wed

23. Birmingham

24. Blackpool

There is more chance of Blackpool surviving than there is of Forest finishing above us.

Additionally, there is more chance of Blackpool making the top half than Forest the playoffs. I don't think they'll do as badly as many expect, but I really don't see where they are going right now. I think just scraping into the top half is about where I'd rate their chances this year.

Just look at the players other clubs will lose by the end of this transfer window. Derby to finish second.

Looking at ins and outs has always been hugely overrated.

Blackpool look a shambles, Leeds' management structure looks set for disaster, those two I'd have penciled in for relegation at this point.

Forest don't look great, are hemorrhaging sales, but ultimately they'll keep the core and seem to have a plan for the new season. They will probably end up around midtable should Pearce not be hopeless.

From that it's a question of what we can do. Since McClaren came in we were second best only to Leicester, and we have prepared well for this season and not gutted the side. If we can produce as we did last season we should be there or there abouts. The only question there is the only teams, but they are unknown qualities.

Relegated sides tend to be unstable and have struggles with getting the squad balance right. Promoted sides from League One, well run without gutting their side and the odd smart addition are actually a serious threat of the playoffs, or better on occasion.

It should be an interesting season though, the battle isn't on paper and certainly not just in how signings look on it though.

My dream

1) Derby

2) DONT CARE

3) DONT CARE

4) DONT CARE

5) DONT CARE

6) DONT CARE

22) Leeds

23) DONT CARE

24) FLORIST

I am guaranteed to get 6 accurate predictions with this :p

FALSE!

Note that if Derby, Leeds or Forest take any of the 6 "DONT CARE" positions, this instantly would decrease the possible "correct" predictions by one. This means that it could in fact go as low as 3 right. For example:

1) [ANY TEAM] ?

2) Derby ?

3) [ANY TEAM] ?

4) [ANY TEAM] ?

5) FLORIST ?

6) [ANY TEAM] ?

22) [ANY TEAM] ?

23) Leeds ?

24) [ANY TEAM] ?

Not, only 3 right there. This of course doesn't take into account the chance that there were other teams you cared about in the league beyond Derby, Forest and Leeds, in which case the minimum right would be 6-[number of teams you care about].

Archived