Omar Mascarell set to join Derby on loan from Real Madrid - Se

MrsRam

As a holding midfielder he could do a job IMO, though he's not a typical defensive midfielder that most Championship sides are accustomed to. He's not a Eustace type player

But neither are Thorne or Hughes arguably.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But neither are Thorne or Hughes arguably.

I guess so.

In a possession-based Championship side he'd be good. Not a player you'd want as a backs against the wall job but I don't think we're that sort of team anymore.

Great player and would be a great coup.

He's known to be 'the brain of the team' with a creative side. He's not a defensive midfielder in the mould of George Thorne though he's a decent passer.

I'd rather Will Hughes play as the DM

He sounds like Hughes' replacement while he's filling in for Thorne then.

Not according to Nicholson...

@SNicholsonDT: Mascarell is a holding midfielder, a controller in front of the back 4, with a good range of passing and highly rated #dcfc

I'd would say he's a more creative version of George Thorne in that he likes to impose himself on games more. He's not as good at tackling as either Eustace or Thorne but he's not small/technical like Hughes.

I think Mascarell is around 6ft though I could be wrong on that. Not one to win all the headers from long goalkicks etc. but he's not the bombing-on type from what I've seen.

I'd would say he's a more creative version of George Thorne in that he likes to impose himself on games more. He's not as good at tackling as either Eustace or Thorne but he's not small/technical like Hughes.

I think Mascarell is around 6ft though I could be wrong on that. Not one to win all the headers from long goalkicks etc. but he's not the bombing-on type from what I've seen.

Says 5'11 on Wiki

PistoldPete2

He's known to be 'the brain of the team' with a creative side. He's not a defensive midfielder in the mould of George Thorne though he's a decent passer.

I'd rather Will Hughes play as the DM

Is that because of Will's fearsome tackling?

If this guy is an attacking CM have we got stats on him? Like assist and goals? 

BBC La Liga correspondent...

From the few games I've seen of Omar Mascarell, he won't make the first team but could easily make Madrid a few million in transfer market.

BBC Radio Derby reporting Real Madrid midfielder Omar Mascarell will join Derby on loan. Good experience for promising young player.

Archived