Children's names

RLACML

Twinkletoes' marriage got me thinking about this. What are your favourite children's names? If you have children already, share those, but you can add others if you like.

I'll get us started, I'd like 4 children (2 boys, 2 girls) - Kaspar, Eugene, Eloise, Mathilde.

Go.

I'd go private with them names.

They'll get bullied to f*ck at any comprehensive. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Names I've suggested to my wife for our lads (and dogs come to think of it) have got the green light.

The lad's are Dean and Greg, Greg is on his birth certificate as opposed to Gregor/Gregory and we went for Molly and Ella for our mastiffs.

Edward.

It was my great grandfather's second name, my grandfather's first name, my second name and my grandson's second name.

My step-grand-daughter is Alexandra (but she is known to all as 'Lexy'). Another lovely name.

Also (like i-Ram) my son bears the names of two former Derby players - James (after Leighton James) and Roy (after the greatest player I have ever seen).

Roy Greenwood?

Edward.

It was my great grandfather's second name, my grandfather's first name, my second name and my grandson's second name.

My step-grand-daughter is Alexandra (but she is known to all as 'Lexy'). Another lovely name.

Also (like i-Ram) my son bears the names of two former Derby players - James (after Leighton James) and Roy (after the greatest player I have ever seen).

Nice one Eddie. Before coming up with George Ted I had toyed with Kevin Hector, Francis Lee, and I think John Gregory, as possible names for my boy. In fact when my second came along I nearly went with Frances Lee but my wife insisted on more feminine names for our daughter.

My lad's called Richard. He, for some inexplicable reason, calls himself 'Rich'.

I, for more obvious reasons, call myself poor,

Don't get me started on my daughters' children, although one is called Luca, same as Andrew Strauss's son.

Me and the wife came up with names for the kids we were going to have then she facked off with her boss and has since had 4 kids. I wonder if she used the names we came up with.

As long as I'm involved somehow.

We had kids recently and I thought it would be clever to have names from my parents generation born 50s or 60s. For example, Darren, Julie, Wayne, Sharon, Gary etc.

Popular names now are my grandparents generation names like Alfie, Stanley etc.

In 30 years time, my Darren would then have been so far ahead of the curve as all his peers named their children after their grandparents.

Anyway, if we had girls I liked Mable or Blanche

Archived