Children's names

RLACML

Twinkletoes' marriage got me thinking about this. What are your favourite children's names? If you have children already, share those, but you can add others if you like.

I'll get us started, I'd like 4 children (2 boys, 2 girls) - Kaspar, Eugene, Eloise, Mathilde.

Go.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Timeless names are best - ones that are never really old-fashioned, and not ones that will be popular for a brief time and then become ridiculous in retrospect.

We have two kids - Jack and Harry.

Can I ask, is it Harrison or Harry?

Just Harry mate - Henry is too old fashioned, and Harrison is too new-age. For us at least ;)

Good names, and solid reasoning behind them.

Come on you lot, let's be having you. Surely I'm not the only one that spends my days daydreaming of the future.

In my infinite wisdom I named my 2 boys after Saints. I was on morphine at the time so cannot take responsibility for it, I knew not what I did.

And my daughter has a French name. I was definately unconscious for that one.

Edward.

It was my great grandfather's second name, my grandfather's first name, my second name and my grandson's second name.

My step-grand-daughter is Alexandra (but she is known to all as 'Lexy'). Another lovely name.

Also (like i-Ram) my son bears the names of two former Derby players - James (after Leighton James) and Roy (after the greatest player I have ever seen).

In my infinite wisdom I named my 2 boys after Saints. I was on morphine at the time so cannot take responsibility for it, I knew not what I did.

And my daughter has a French name. I was definately unconscious for that one.

Yes , indeed , how are Channon , Bale , and the lovely Le Tissier ?

When I have kids, I plan on if a boy naming him Doc, and girl perhaps Chloe.  Of course it will not be totally up to me :(

as a Derby fan , you would never name your kid Doc , do you not go back as far as Tommy Docherty ?

He systematically pulled a great Derby side apart..

Archived