Hughes to have medical at Liverpool at

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the sake of English football, I hope he stays with us for years to come. I'm sick of seeing young quality English players being bought by the big boys and then using them for bench warmers e.g. Zaha, Powell, Stones, Jenkinson.

GSE may have no choice but to cash in on Hughes to give the

owners some ROI...be nice if Sam could convince them we'd be better off making sure we go up first.

I know I'm being thick but what does ROI mean? I'm guessing it's not Republic of Ireland as we have quite a few of their players already

I know I'm being thick but what does ROI mean? I'm guessing it's not Republic of Ireland as we have quite a few of their players already

return on investment, 

basically getting some money back to the owners to cover their losses 

My fear is the board/owners are gonna want to cash in sooner rather than later. It would be criminal to have been this patient to risk throwing it away just as its looking good. 

I know some think we can still do it without Will if some of the cash is invested, but i really have not seen a player at this level do what he does.

Ball retention is making us very hard to beat and Will does that by always being an option, keeping it simple yet being capable of hurting the opposition in a second. He's unique and could easily play in the prem right now imo.

There will be some desperate prem teams in January, its not just Liverpool we have to worry about.

Squeaky bum time for Sam Rush and Andy Appleby when the £10m or £12m bids come in next month.

Fair point, we can't keep a player of that calibre forever, as much as it pains me to say it   :D

Jake would stroll to Manchester and chin Pellegrini before travelling to Salford to **** Moyes then march to west London to insert Nelson's Column up Jose Mourinho's ringpiece for having the temerity to think he could be brought.

Before breakfast.

And report for training on time.

Can't believe missing the Charlton game knocked £2m off Will's price tag.

What we should do is let this thread die then start a knew ITK thread where we pump the rumour he's gone to Arsenal for £16m. See how many papers roll with it the longer it goes round.

Seriously this is the 3rd time Hughes has been sold to Liverpool.

Fair point, we can't keep a player of that calibre forever, as much as it pains me to say it   :D

True.

Speaking from personal experience they start to smell once the flesh starts to rot - better to bury them in the back garden before the neighbours start to object. Oh and while you are at it, make sure that the axe with the rubber non-slip handle is disposed of somewhere else. Don't want people making the connection.

What?

WHAT?

Oh sorry, you're not THAT Yorkshire person. Sorry, my bad.

anyone who thinks that the owners demand anything back from this club have clearly not been paying attention to what's been happening over the past five years.

IF the owners ever wanted a return on their investment, they wouldn't sanction signings for Keogh, Sammon, Russell etc and would keep the money in their back pocket.

The owners get harsh criticism in my opinion. To my knowledge, they have NEVER cashed in on any player, never refused to spend money, and rightly or wrongly have backed the judgement of Glick, Clough and now Rush and McClaren without interference.

If they have categorically said Will Hughes won't be sold, then who in their right mind can justifiably predict, as almost fact, that Hughes will go for cheaper than the going rate?!?!

Are you all f*cking mad? are you not paying attention to what is happening at the club? They have made decisions to raise the club a level or two, they understand that they will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER get a return on their investment whilst Derby are not in the Premier League, so by my reckoning, they will not do anything that could de-rail any potential promotion push.

don't know how reliable this guy is but..

Will Hughes is just about done, expect him at Melwood in January. Price agreed (£10m with add ons). Very exciting prospect. #LFC

Could be true could be ******, but if true I'd like clarification on whether that means £10m plus add-ons or £10m including add-ons.

Considering Rodgers has very publically been told he is having no money to spend in January its obviously ******  ???

anyone who thinks that the owners demand anything back from this club have clearly not been paying attention to what's been happening over the past five years.

IF the owners ever wanted a return on their investment, they wouldn't sanction signings for Keogh, Sammon, Russell etc and would keep the money in their back pocket.

The owners get harsh criticism in my opinion. To my knowledge, they have NEVER cashed in on any player, never refused to spend money, and rightly or wrongly have backed the judgement of Glick, Clough and now Rush and McClaren without interference.

If they have categorically said Will Hughes won't be sold, then who in their right mind can justifiably predict, as almost fact, that Hughes will go for cheaper than the going rate?!?!

Are you all f*cking mad? are you not paying attention to what is happening at the club? They have made decisions to raise the club a level or two, they understand that they will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER get a return on their investment whilst Derby are not in the Premier League, so by my reckoning, they will not do anything that could de-rail any potential promotion push.

I agree with this... for me the board have been good for Derby County.

Yes, they haven't invested as much into the club as foreign investors at other clubs (I'm looking directly at Florest and Fester) but what they have done is made sure we are on solid foundations.

By backing Clough (sorry to mention the name!!) the way they did (with a wage and transfer limit that seemed pretty low compared to others) they made sure the club was not going to do a Leeds, Portsmouth, Southampton etc and drop down the lower leagues to be built back up (or not in the case of pompy).

Instead, they limited the damage by employing a manager who was willing to work within a tight budget to ensure the club didn't disintegrate. Once the boat stopped rocking, and it was obvious the club were once again in a position to build, they took the first opportunity to relieve the stable manager of his job to replace him with one who can take the team up that extra level. 

During that time, what players have been shipped out against the management team's wishes? I can't think of any...

For me, the only person/people who could sanction the sale of Hughes is McClaren and possibly Evans. There is no way the board would go above their heads. I don't even think Rush could make that decision if it was opposed to what the management team wanted. If they believe they can replace him with players who can not only get us to the promised land but also keep us there, they'll do it and I'll back them for it! 

UNLESS..... a bid that would be regarded by most as "absolutely mentals" came in... you know ... £40m.

£40m?

This is Will Hughes we are talking about here - not a great player like Lascelles

(yes, a Gump yesterday claimed that he was worth £10m)

£40m?

This is Will Hughes we are talking about here - not a great player like Lascelles

(yes, a Gump yesterday claimed that he was worth £10m)

I saw a paste of that tweet in here I think!

Lascelles is SOOO good that I have still never heard his name mentioned when watching/listening/talking football. In fact, I think he's a myth. Like the bogeyman, the yeti and Michael Appleton's managerial credentials!

I agree with this... for me the board have been good for Derby County.

Yes, they haven't invested as much into the club as foreign investors at other clubs (I'm looking directly at Florest and Fester) but what they have done is made sure we are on solid foundations.

By backing Clough (sorry to mention the name!!) the way they did (with a wage and transfer limit that seemed pretty low compared to others) they made sure the club was not going to do a Leeds, Portsmouth, Southampton etc and drop down the lower leagues to be built back up (or not in the case of pompy).

Instead, they limited the damage by employing a manager who was willing to work within a tight budget to ensure the club didn't disintegrate. Once the boat stopped rocking, and it was obvious the club were once again in a position to build, they took the first opportunity to relieve the stable manager of his job to replace him with one who can take the team up that extra level. 

During that time, what players have been shipped out against the management team's wishes? I can't think of any...

For me, the only person/people who could sanction the sale of Hughes is McClaren and possibly Evans. There is no way the board would go above their heads. I don't even think Rush could make that decision if it was opposed to what the management team wanted. If they believe they can replace him with players who can not only get us to the promised land but also keep us there, they'll do it and I'll back them for it! 

Don't get B4 started!

I saw a paste of that tweet in here I think!

Lascelles is SOOO good that I have still never heard his name mentioned when watching/listening/talking football. In fact, I think he's a myth. Like the bogeyman, the yeti and Michael Appleton's managerial credentials!

Today's Mirror says Spurs and Sunderland are watching him.....

Archived