Hughes to have medical at Liverpool at

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to think due to the recent run of form, the club is now thinking of keeping Hughes. If we were mid-table at this point, then i would say 'sell him now' but we, as a club, now are seriously contending with the top teams for promotion. I am hoping the club will take a risk in January and not sell him. Then, think of what a bonus it would be to have him in a premier league squad next season. 

If we don't get promoted, we can sell him in the summer and we've lost nothing.

For me it's a win win situation.

I'd like to think due to the recent run of form, the club is now thinking of keeping Hughes. If we were mid-table at this point, then i would say 'sell him now' but we, as a club, now are seriously contending with the top teams for promotion. I am hoping the club will take a risk in January and not sell him. Then, think of what a bonus it would be to have him in a premier league squad next season. 

If we don't get promoted, we can sell him in the summer and we've lost nothing.

For me it's a win win situation.

I think he would still leave if we did go up to be honest. The pull of playing for a top side would be too much unfortunately.

It was £12,000,000 three weeks ago

Forest fans think they're going to get that for Lascelles, so we're probably missing another zero off the back.

I think he would still leave if we did go up to be honest. The pull of playing for a top side would be too much unfortunately.

Wishful thinking on my part then   :(  He's a bright lad though, he knows sitting on the bench at a 'top' side will not benefit him as a player. If we are in the premier league, he's still going to be playing at the top level but in a side where he will be in the starting XI week in, week out.

Still don't believe he will go in january.

Same, I don't see the point now, The Mac may aswell keep him if possible, see where we end up then let him decide if he wants to play for Derby in the premier every week or sit on the bench somewhere bigger.

A slightly improved Derby County team in the premier with Hughes running the show would be very interesting, he could really make a name for himself, especially with millions watching him on sky sports every week.

More chance of him breaking through to the England first team with us anorl ;)

Wishful thinking on my part then   :(  He's a bright lad though, he knows sitting on the bench at a 'top' side will not benefit him as a player. If we are in the premier league, he's still going to be playing at the top level but in a side where he will be in the starting XI week in, week out.

Totally agree, it would be nice if that did happen. Just can't see it though. The only way it would work would be to sign for the club and stay with us on loan for a season, maybe 2. Like what Spurs used to do, buy young kids and loan them straight out for a couple of seasons.

As I mentioned some time ago, there danger is that if we were to go up, and then lose Wisdom, Keane and Hughes, there's always the danger that the famous 11 points might be under threat.

In an ideal world we need to keep Hughes and buy Wisdom. Come on Sam, get that cheque book out (or should that be check book? ;) )

As I mentioned some time ago, there danger is that if we were to go up, and then lose Wisdom, Keane and Hughes, there's always the danger that the famous 11 points might be under threat.

In an ideal world we need to keep Hughes and buy Wisdom. Come on Sam, get that cheque book out (or should that be check book? ;) )

Who needs Keane when we've got Buxton???   :lol:

There absolutely no point selling and loaning back.

All we would have done is to sell early and therefore to sell cheap.

Every year hughes will go up in value..... for at least the next 6 years.

Can't see it. After the Rodgers statement a few weeks back? Nah. Hughes is best at Derby for now and I imagine he knows that, especially with the upturn in form. He might be looking at 30 games in the Prem next season the way we're going.

Archived