Q&A with Steve Mac/Sam Rush this morning

VulcanRam

Yeah it's nothing everyone didn't really already know.

Seems McClaren has carried on Nigel's promise but we must coming to some sort of decision time maybe?

Agree with that Tombo, be nice to get him out on the pitch once more.

A telling comment, albeit made in jokey fashion, was when Steve Mac said Shaun would say to him "I'll be fit and available in three or four months" and Steve would say "yes, but you told me that three or four months ago" - added to his comment that SB has had a lot of setbacks alludes to his thinking perhaps that it will never happen. He also made a comment about telling Shaun to take up other sports such as golf to help his fitness but also to give hime something else to focus on. 

I don't know, maybe you had to be there to pick up the intonation, but he sounded pretty pessimistic of Shaun's chances.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the #ITK nugget of info Alpha. I'm still hoping for him to make the cameo appearance in a home game somewhere. Just so he can get the applause from the crowd and then retire if he really needs to. Maybe Rotherham first game of the season, since that's where he started his career.

He's on 98 appearances at the minute as well. Would be nice to see him make it to 100.

Thanks for the update VR - surprised to hear such a blatant statement regarding Barker. And it sounds odd for GT to be telling SM how it was - isn't that the medical staff's job!?

Regarding Chelski, there's a lot of talk we're in for Chalobah. Didn't exactly impress at the gumps, but you never know...

Neither did McClaren.

Guarantee he'll announce his retirement in the next 6 months. He's taking thousands per week off us, but deep down he knows he'll never get on the pitch again. Must have been about 8 months ago when he started light jogging, that's still what he is doing.

I've already forgotten that we have Shaun Barker on the books.

He's never going to play for us again, and we shouldn't really build our hopes up or get down about it because even a fully fit Barker might not even get in our XI anyway.

It's not like he's Igor Stimac he has been pretty much an average championship defender. He'sa  great bloke though and being around the team is obviously helpful. 

He seems one of the most intelligent guys around so he'd be an excellent choice as a young defensive coach.

Guarantee he'll announce his retirement in the next 6 months. He's taking thousands per week off us, but deep down he knows he'll never get on the pitch again. Must have been about 8 months ago when he started light jogging, that's still what he is doing.

Do we actually know how mush we are paying him? Surely it's a fraction compared to what it would be if he was actually playing?

Pretty certain in situations like this, the insurance company will pay his wages, not us.

Look will you fook off yeah, just let me be right.

Next person who questions me gets a kick up the arris.

Archived