Predict the Scapegoat

Duracell

Derby's Scapegoat 2014/15  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Jake first arrived he was flung into the first team fold and performed extremely well, this coming from a player who had last played in the non-leagues. His form was great and many were quite positive about him. He got injured though, and his form understandably dipped due to it, the "that a boy Jake" attitude dissipated to return to the "non-league rubbish non-league Nigel signing!" chorus.

Jake came back, again with injuries a problem but ultimately pushed his way back in and again performed very well. A solid player and one who deserved his spot. People were positive, he had become to become a bit of a cult here even then. He of course scored the winner over Forest, the winner to give us our first double over them in 40 years. Of course, another injury and with he and O'Connor now the scapegoats.

He has been brilliant again this last season, as he has been when not carrying injuries since he arrived, yet people will always come back and whinge if he's not 100%, because to many he's still "just a non-league player" despite being one of the finer defenders in the damn league. I've always been a loud supporter for Buxton, and I feel he's been solid from the off, and only gotten better, but I assure you, if things don't go 100% at the start of this season, I fear many will lay the blame on him.

Just out if curiosity, which partnership would you prefer?  Barker/Shackle or Keogh/Buxton?

Just out if curiosity, which partnership would you prefer?  Barker/Shackle or Keogh/Buxton?

To be completely honest I'd like Barker/Keogh or Barker/Buxton. I trust the club's judgement in Shackle leaving.

As a straight choice between the two, not really sure. I think Barker/Shackell would have been a better partnership on paper, but all things considered I'd take Keogh/Buxton.

• 5 months later...

Good job Mascarell isn't on that list. Us being 3rd in the league, one point off top is all on his shoulders, we'd be all on the beach celebrating league domination by now if it wasn't for him.

I think Ramage and Dawes should get it for making listening to matches the most painful excruciating experience in all of radio times.

Archived