Predict the Scapegoat

Duracell

Derby's Scapegoat 2014/15  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our away following....

Not being defensive enough on a 1-0 lead...

The closure of London Road until December.

Me when I try to defend a refereeing decision.

Fan cam

The Tories

Notts Forest injury list

The C word

Please if anyone replies.... Don't take it seriously.... :)

Craig Ramage giving false perceptions of the match.

The club store is pants though last I went in. Can't even buy Robbie Savage's book anymore!?!?

I asked and they've all been purchased and sent to Cumbria

Our away following....

Not being defensive enough on a 1-0 lead...

The closure of London Road until December.

Me when I try to defend a refereeing decision.

Fan cam

The Tories

Notts Forest injury list

The C word

Please if anyone replies.... Don't take it seriously.... :)

Why? Those are all good. Deffo season wreckers.

Fan cam and goal music? C'mon, You'd give 6pts up to get rid of those?

Why? Those are all good. Deffo season wreckers.

Fan cam and goal music? C'mon, You'd give 6pts up to get rid of those?

haha fair enough!

Also forgot the Roadrider....

What's wrong with the roadrider? Don't you like mints and Werthers Originals?!

haha!

The mark up on a tray of chips at the burger van

From what I heard at the match today, Jamie Ward. I mean he ain't even got a proper number on his shirt, he knows he's on his way out, always been crap etc.

Never mind he was our only decent forward for ages, now he's got chocolate hamstrings, can't beat a man, doesn't look bothered, and can't beat the 1st man from a set piece (tbh probably agree with the last one, sorry JW).

From what I heard at the match today, Jamie Ward. I mean he ain't even got a proper number on his shirt, he knows he's on his way out, always been crap etc.

Never mind he was our only decent forward for ages, now he's got chocolate hamstrings, can't beat a man, doesn't look bothered, and can't beat the 1st man from a set piece (tbh probably agree with the last one, sorry JW).

He got a great deal of it last season, so makes sense the unwarranted and misplaced hatred he garnered then might carry through to this season.

He got a great deal of it last season, so makes sense the unwarranted and misplaced hatred he garnered then might carry through to this season.

In the case of the fish, can understand it in some way, never delivered, but Jamie was our best player for a long while, guess people have no loyalty, or short memories!

So it's alright to keep barker but not ward?

Both been our best players in their own positions until recently

Both been hampered due to injuries

And ward is more likely to have a first team impact

If anything barker should be the one to go yet people are crying out for ward?

This place will go crazy if we don't storm the league.

Even if, sorry IF, we do finish top people will be expecting a level of performance that you just can't get over 46 games. The football league season is massive. There's a good number of Sat-Tue-Sat games where you get so little rest and preparation time. There will be times that we have to scrap it out. My bet is that some people have unrealistic expectations and will be impossible to please. Like Baz.

There were criticisms last season under McClaren when we were doing the unexpected. Overall we played fast, on the deck dominating football but you just can't do it every game for 46 games with about 13/14 players on one level and then the rest just short of what we want.

I fully expect a tough first game of the season, and if we don't win it a lot of people jumping on the "can we really push for the top 6 again" bandwagon.

Keogh, Dawkins, Ward and Christie are the obvious early targets, but I still think we haven't heard the last of Forsyth and Buxton whingers, particularly with them getting new contracts. Keogh, Dawkins and Ward have the advantage of many having high opinions of them from their past, but how Buxton and Forsyth arrived (i.e. Not big signings) will have a few who will be quick to jump on their backs if things don't go the right way.

To be completely honest given 10 or so games I think many will grow to really like Christie, particularly if he's attacking minded. Many will jump very quickly from "we need a defensive fullback like Wisdom" to "this Christie lad's been a good pickup" as long as there aren't any obvious blunders from him, and as an attacking fullback even obvious mistakes are usually missed by most people as the mistake tends to be them being miles out of position, rather than anything actually in defense.

All things considered though, my pick for most likely for being the scapegoat has got to be Dawkins. Had a quality loan spell, injury dampened his impact later in the season and many will really jump to the "he was only good when he played for a contract" if he doesn't start strongly. Him not being much of a goalscorer as well will prevent the usual bandaid cure from being there either.

Edit: Keep in mind, I don't expect Dawkins (or anyone else discussed) to do poorly, I just think all things being equal if things weren't going great Dawkins is the one many would start to pick at.

Archived