What are your 5 Favourite films of all time?

ramafan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Outlaw Josie Wales (so many great characters)

The Night of the Hunter (beautifully filmed)

Bicycle Thieves (you have to be a father to really get it)

Groundhog Day (very profound)

Kes (realistic and moving)

sub

Seven Samurai

Stunning list. 

I am working my way through this list, though it does change weekly.

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?ref_=nv_wl_img_3

Think there are less than 50 still outstanding for me to watch

Does anyone else think that the Dark Knight isn't much good. I loved Batman Begins and perhaps had too high hopes. Just seem over contrived plot to get to big set piece fights. I thought Jack Nicholson was a much better joker. The film and performance of Heath Ledger seemed to be pre-determied as amazing due to the tragic circumstances.

Can anyone convince me to give it another go?

Does anyone else think that the Dark Knight isn't much good. I loved Batman Begins and perhaps had too high hopes. Just seem over contrived plot to get to big set piece fights. I thought Jack Nicholson was a much better joker. The film and performance of Heath Ledger seemed to be pre-determied as amazing due to the tragic circumstances.

I agree, however I think events after may have given this film a more sympathetic rating.

No, there's no defending any of the Star Wars prequels. 

Watch and learn:

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-ii-attack-of-the-clones/

I didn't mind the last one. Albeit except the ease of Anakin's full on flip out. It's one thing thinking that the Jedi are plotting bad things, but slaughtering kids is acceptable ever, when?

The first two though, differing shades of woeful.

I actually felt that the Dark Knight built on to the batman begins story emphatically. The tone of the first film is discovery and remorse, whereas the Dark Knight moves onto Batman (now established) facing choices regarding his rules and being psychologically tested. Different tones, but one of the few trilogies in film where the second is better than first.

I thought Heath Ledger was good purely compared to other roles I knew of his (Knights Tale, 10 things I hate, etc.)

Archived