Sources, sauces and ITK

sage

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have contacts on the staff side at both the FA and DCFC but dont profess to ITK status. If i get any gems (likely) seeing the abuse and ***** thrown at Mackworth, as thick a skin i have, can i be doing with folk criticising? Common consensus as to whether i should stick my neckout would be good to know.

P.S in no shape or form am i self indulged, egotistical, etc but just want to avoid 'poison dwarf' comments from the small minded/ short of stature.

To be honest, a bit of tongue in cheek piss taking should be like water off a ducks back.

After all, if someone's telling the truth, or what they've been told as being the truth, then the final laugh will be there's.

No need to throw your toys out the pram in a spectacular fashion. I see there is a lot of support for Mackworth ram on here.

Everyone likes to hear about inside info, it makes us feel special.

But, is there need to pick a story apart just to expose chance that it may be BS?

It'll all come out in the end anyway.

So campers (ladyram's saying) let's all get on, and play nice. Let's leave the bullying in the play ground aywot?

I guess it also depends on what info your ITK about, and how you 'present' the info .... i remember passing on that i had been told that Mcclaren was about to be made our new man,to be fair no-one crucified me, but their wrath was vented at the thought of Mac beiing or new Coach... funny how things change eh :cool:

I also think that we can smell a rat, and those who say things to try to 'climb the ladder' of popularity here quickly get sussed, and fall down it instead..

After posting here since the collapse of the DET site, I think the majority on here are pretty even minded,educated and fun folk, with one or two who like to rake their claws down someones back, but overall i think we are fair, a few newbies who arrived around the wave of Wembley glory, have yet to be pigeon holed, but after several years here i think we're a decent bunch very representative of our overall crowd who attend each matchday :rolleyes:

Bananas....it was so easy when Nige was here.....a tiny little non-league reference and everyone knew where you stood!

This is a true story.

A few years ago - when jewell was sacked - my boss had a source who was a bit ITK.

The source wasn't anyone at the club. He was associated with a legal firm who worked for the club, presumably assisting with contracts etc.

When Jewell was sacked we had it on good authority that Dean Saunders was coming back.

We were so sure that we were tempted to place bets on it and cash in.

Even when all the indications were that Nigel Clough was being lined up, we were reassured that Deano was coming.

Then the suggestion was that it was Nigel AND Deano.

Nigel as manager. Deano as assistant.

This went on right until the last minute when suddenly it was conveyed that Deano wasn't coming and it was implied that the Donny chairman had blocked it.

Whether this was true or ****** I've no idea. Even now.

I passed it on to the DET forum in good faith.

Does this mean I was a bullshtter?

We had no reason to doubt the source.

Perhaps he was pulling our plonkers. Perhaps he wasn't.

But i would not have appreciated being ripped apart simply for passing it on.

Shame it wasn't the other way around, your source would then have been Daddies. ;)

Seriously for a sec, all somebody has to do that's passing on info is start with "I've been told" end it with "make of that what you will" and if grief then ensures, reply with "http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley_finger" alt="smiley_finger"> Job's a good 'un.

Oops, "i" before "e", sorry.

Shame it wasn't the other way around, your source would then have been Daddies. ;)

Seriously for a sec, all somebody has to do that's passing on info is start with "I've been told" end it with "make of that what you will" and if grief then ensures, reply with "http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley_finger" alt="smiley_finger"> Job's a good 'un.

Oops, "i" before "e", sorry.

That's what Macworth did

Oh, I didn't realise, I'm ashamed to type when a thread's dragging on, I usually just read the last page to see if there is any actual news and so I am guilty of missing the whole fall out thing.

I hope he comes back, I've "done one" in the past when someone's boiled my you-know-what but I always come back, hopefully, like me, he'll miss the good 'uns input and just "ignore" those who twist his melon, as it were, so to type, to coin a phrase. ;)  

The problem is that too many people start accusing the posters who share what they have heard when it doesn't come true.

We will probably make enquiries on the availability of 100 players this summer which may develop into 20 offers of which 10 get accepted and 3 players finally sign for us.

Lots of what goes on doesn't materialise because clubs and players can't agree terms, other parties make can make better offers even when a deal is almost done.

I'm glad the club seem to be keeping there cards close to their chest, because I am sure many deals have been scupperd due to the deal being leaked via the press or social media as it's alerted clubs to the availability of a player.

There have been lots of rumours, snippets and hearsay. Derby is a compact city and inevitably many of us know someone who knows someone etc. Some of these will be true and some not. Even information that is true may not come to fruition. 

If someone told you some Derby news that seemed from a good source would you post it on here or keep it to yourself? If you did post it, how would you expect it to be received?

It's easy to go from hero to zero on here with the same quality of source.

It is difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff but if posters crucify any messenger whose information doesn't become an action then people will stop posting stuff and we'll be left with Nixon. or finding news out when it is just that, news.

I've not read the whole thread Sage but I'll add my two penneth worth. Especially as there have been a couple of sarcastic posts from the usual suspects who have no bloody idea what goes on but who take pleasure in trying to have little digs.

I don't care what people think or what people write about the Bryson situation. I knew the information I had was right, then I knew that things changed and the initial information no longer stood.

It doesn't mean I don't trust the people who gave me the initial info, but then I also knew that once I heard from the other person, that it was time to step back and accept Bryson was staying.

It's about whether you give a **** about about how people on here perceive you.

I've got a core group of about 20 posters who I respect and like and if I pissed them off I'd be concerned, but when 80/90% of the posters have no clue about football I don't really care what they think.

Most people are not perceptive enough to know who might have some credible info and who might not.

For example Valleyram, why persecute him? why not just accept that he's closer to Bryson than most of us are and be grateful that he's here,  I don't buy that he's a troll, I look at it that it's the only subject he posts on regularly, that shows me he's got more than us invested in Bryson as a person and a player.

I've got my views on who knows their onions and then I've got my views on those who are attention seekers.

I don't mind either side posting and I'm smart enough to decide which one I choose to believe and which one is some kind of weirdo with a teenage schoolboy personality, looking for cheap gigs.

If you've got some info, post it, then sit back and wait for the ****** to pull you apart.

Some will appreciate it, some won't but then that's the same as a standard post.

80% of people are idiots, concentrate on the 20% who aren't and don't worry about the rest. (FWIW I'd put you in the top 2 or 3% bracket, not looking to soften the post, just want you personally to know that you're one of the core 20 and not one of the 80%)

Archived