Sources, sauces and ITK

sage

There have been lots of rumours, snippets and hearsay. Derby is a compact city and inevitably many of us know someone who knows someone etc. Some of these will be true and some not. Even information that is true may not come to fruition. 

If someone told you some Derby news that seemed from a good source would you post it on here or keep it to yourself? If you did post it, how would you expect it to be received?

It's easy to go from hero to zero on here with the same quality of source.

It is difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff but if posters crucify any messenger whose information doesn't become an action then people will stop posting stuff and we'll be left with Nixon. or finding news out when it is just that, news.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day does it really matter if we don't know about a signing until its certain? Us knowing won't make it any more likely to happen...................

Mind you, I have it on good authority that Jimmy Greaves is looking for a house in Allestree.

The internet forum seems to reveal a level of aggression and intolerance which is either a truer reflection or a bi-product of adolescent testosterone.

Either way its becoming pretty tedious.

I guess it also depends on what info your ITK about, and how you 'present' the info .... i remember passing on that i had been told that Mcclaren was about to be made our new man,to be fair no-one crucified me, but their wrath was vented at the thought of Mac beiing or new Coach... funny how things change eh :cool:

I also think that we can smell a rat, and those who say things to try to 'climb the ladder' of popularity here quickly get sussed, and fall down it instead..

After posting here since the collapse of the DET site, I think the majority on here are pretty even minded,educated and fun folk, with one or two who like to rake their claws down someones back, but overall i think we are fair, a few newbies who arrived around the wave of Wembley glory, have yet to be pigeon holed, but after several years here i think we're a decent bunch very representative of our overall crowd who attend each matchday :rolleyes:

Love the forum....

Was a regular on twitter for a while and made some good friends on there believe it or not....

Was on Ramzone for a while during the last promotion year under Billeh.... But seemed very clicky and various arguments rumbled and point scoring between the disbanded Rams Protest Group and Ramstrust....

Felt like it was starting to peddle a lot of Ramstrust stuff on there too....

Fair enough if your into that sort of thing, not for me.

Long live the mods on here....

Mackworth got a couple of things correct and everyone fawned over him like he was Super Forum Guy, strutting round like a peacock! Ha ha!

Bit like FlagMan does thinking he's better than every other Derby fan and always signing every post with his name at the end, like he's lady muck.

I'd rather be one of the crowd, however I would post on here if I heard owt, I just wouldn't want smoke blown up my @ss for it!!! Lol

Mackworth got a couple of things correct and everyone fawned over him like he was Super Forum Guy, strutting round like a peacock! Ha ha!

Bit like FlagMan does thinking he's better than every other Derby fan and always signing every post with his name at the end, like he's lady muck.

I'd rather be one of the crowd, however I would post on here if I heard owt, I just wouldn't want smoke blown up my @ss for it!!! Lol

Simple answer, ignore them. 

By posting things on the forum,saying you know certain things,is a brave thing to do

As mackworth has done,his itk stories are true,so why berate him?

You leave yourself wide open to criticism,if things don't come off,so why would you want to post BS?

I'd post it but I wouldn't be shocked if someone questioned/doubted me

Nixon says West Brom want 2.5 million for Thorne and they are being stubborn about it

SDSR says we should sign Thorne in a week or 2 for roughly 2.5 million

Mackworth says we should sign him in a week or 2 but for between 4-5 million (including addons)

There's obviously going to be doubts/questions when there's 3 different stories. I just hope he hurries up and signs so all this nonsense can stop :lol:  

Archived