eieieioh top of the football league we go

i84est

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy tiger, we've only secured the key players, who were already permanent, that we had last season, we've not added any genuine first team challengers yet and until we do I'm going to refrain from puffing my chest out and strutting around like a peacock who just got his end away.

Easy tiger, we've only secured the key players, who were already permanent, that we had last season, we've not added any genuine first team challengers yet and until we do I'm going to refrain from puffing my chest out and strutting around like a peacock who just got his end away.

However did you miss that absolute gaper at Wembley?

When you recall the confidence that was around about us winning Division 3 at the first attempt, and the disappointment when we didn't, you learn never to express it even if you feel it, especially before a ball has been kicked in anger.

Ecstatic though I am about the news about Bryson and others so far and the investment and commitment that has meant from CEO and Board, we have largely re-signed players who were ours anyway. Even if Mackworth is right and GT is on his way we still need others and they may not arrive until after the season has started. We also have to deal with 6 new teams and others that will have strengthened. Rotherham will not be an easy first match even at home.

It's a long hard slog the Championship and along the way you need slices of luck. Nothing is guaranteed.

Wow the negativity on here is unreal sometimes. think some on here would of partied that we would of had 750k. Close the thread to many people on here trying to be mods or licking mods ringpiece

Things starting to fall in place now. Think we will smash 100 points

we managed to get in the top 6 last season...but we we ended up MILES away from being in the top 2.....and with that we had...

Martin scoring 25 goals...

Bryson scoring 16 goals...

A settled side with relatively few injuries...

Thorne...

Wisdom...

Bamford...

at the moment we have not got any of the above guaranteed.....and I would say at least 4 of the 6 wont happen next season...

It is going to be really really hard to get in to the play offs, never mind smash 100 points..etc etc, I am sure you said it tongue firmly in cheek but the reality is going to be a tough season.

but....we believe in better and all that.....and I can't wait for it to start..

Wow the negativity on here is unreal sometimes. think some on here would of partied that we would of had 750k. Close the thread to many people on here trying to be mods or licking mods ringpiece

It isn't negativity it is simply... not counting your chickens.

I think we have a good squad capable of promotion, doesn't give us the right to act as though we are pretty much up.

These things come back to bite you on the behind.

Archived