Jamie ward, has he got a future at Derby?

Boycie

Strange thread. As others have said, he single-handedly carried a lot of our threat and creativity during much of his Derby career. And he might be a little scamp, but he's our little scamp. It's great we now have competition for places but Jamie is still one of the best in the league in his position.

Over the course of the season he may get injured and he may find himself coming off the bench and not starting from time to time, but he'll be first choice some of the time and a great option from the bench when not. I hope negotiations are underway to extend his contract.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ward has done well for us, but if we get promoted i do not think he will keep up his form, out of russell and ward, well it has to be russell, he's my new favourite striker, sorry ward....................if ward was happy to stay on the bench as backup and to come on as a substitute id be extremely happy though, lets us switch quality for quality.

Yes

......and there's no way our lot are going to pay min £5m to get mccormack.

Agreed. I think we need to improve in the wide areas, JW still has a role to play but I would still like to have a winger who is actually a winger, but you're surely right about RM. 

Agreed. I think we need to improve in the wide areas, JW still has a role to play but I would still like to have a winger who is actually a winger, but you're surely right about RM.

JW? What's he going to do? A couple of puns and schoolboy one liner. Sell him

Now Dawkins and Russell are settled, I'd expect them to have pretty good seasons next year, Ward might not get a look in.

I'd love if Wardy got a PL move (somehow), even if he was on the bench a lot. We'd get a good(ish) fee for him and I'd be able to cheer him on on MOTD. Responsible for a lot of my greatest memories as a Derby fan, particularly against Forest, who's he's always been fantastic at winding up. Felt like one of us at that stage, like he loved this club just as much as I do.

Archived