Jamie ward, has he got a future at Derby?

Boycie

With all the speculation surrounding possible incoming strikers, where does this leave our Jamie?

Who would you keep between Ward and Russell?

Will he be here come the start of the season?

If we do get Ross McCormack, surely one would have to be sold?

I like Ward, and when he's on his game he's brilliant, but, for me sometimes he seems to sulk. His set pieces are terrible.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep. Although it would be nice to not have to rely on his spaghetti hamstrings for 40 games a season. He carried our main attacking threat for 18 months so its nice to even contemplate that we might be able to do better.

Gets injured a lot, but, to be fair, last season he stayed fit longer.

Every time he sprints there's that t hing at the back of your mind...don't pull up broken again Jamie!

Keep him for cover and competition. As from last year we're down a player in Bamford, so even if we get another player in we are in the same position. And if we get a striker still means we have the same amount of wingers, just need to get rid of sammon which I can't see anybody really being bothered about. 

As long as he wants to stay keep him 100%.

PistoldPete2

Yes.

His injuries, dips in form etc may be reasons for him not to play every week if we get someone better. But on his day, he can still tear teams apart.

Absolutely.

He should replace Bamford on the bench though, but we need someone good to replace Ward in the team.

It's a really, really difficult job though. It's not replacing an average player, it's replacing a player who to most teams would still be their best player.

7 goals and 6 assists last season - 101 shots, 77 created chances...etc

He was key, not many players have that sort of impact on games. I'd go with Lingard from United, he'd be a better choice but how realistic or not that is depends.

Archived