Derby play Rangers at the iPro

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queen is so last century. Oh wait, was it century before that one?

We're all here because we love our queer Daveo.

I didn't think this was that kind of forum. Think i've wandered into the wrong place somewhere.

You have a problem with GSTQ and rule Britannia now???

1. I think that the entire royal family are a bunch of parasites and serve no meaningful purpose.

2. I am an atheist.

3. I think that 'Rule Britannia' has its place - at The Last Night of the Proms.

However, I believe that you have a right to believe what you want, no matter how stupid, misguided or illogical, and I will defend your right to those beliefs.

4. Daveo's sexuality is no business of anybody except himself and his husband.

Anyone on here rose to the challenge yet of explaining away and justifying the sectarianism, bigotry and hatred? No? Didn't think so.

Oh well....enjoy:

The Billy Boys

The Sash

No Surrender

Build My Gallows

Penny Arcade

Follow Follow

No Pope of Rome

The Famine Song

Big Jock Knew

And to save you the trouble. No, I'm not a supporter of Celtic nor a 'bheast'.

Would you care to explain which of those songs you deem to be sectarian and why?

Hi,

I just feel obliged to give a balanced view on Rangers fans, most fans who turn up to Ibrox every week are decent folk who turn up to support their football team,Rangers fans aren't all loyalist flute band members (unfortunately these guys are the loudest).

I don't judge people for their religious or political views

Infact even political and cultural borders are changing, I myself am a Scottish nationalist,there are a growing number of Scottish nationalists within the Rangers support with fans finding it easier to seperate politics from football.

I just feel that Rangers are a club to be respected, despite poor financial decisions Rangers effectively ended up where they are because of a con-artist named Craig Whyte.

I would wish this on no club.

Despite this I would challenge anyone to find a team that had 38000 season ticket holders in a part-time league, Rangers are not a club basking in past succesess but a hugely successfull club that took a hit (and still winning today).

Indeed we appeared in a European final just 6 years ago.

I have huge respect for the history and tradition of Derby County and respectfully hope that narrow minded,stereo-typical views are kept to a minimum and the match can be enjoyed between 2 ''proper'' football clubs.

Hi,

I just feel obliged to give a balanced view on Rangers fans, most fans who turn up to Ibrox every week are decent folk who turn up to support their football team,Rangers fans aren't all loyalist flute band members (unfortunately these guys are the loudest).

I don't judge people for their religious or political views

Infact even political and cultural borders are changing, I myself am a Scottish nationalist,there are a growing number of Scottish nationalists within the Rangers support with fans finding it easier to seperate politics from football.

I just feel that Rangers are a club to be respected, despite poor financial decisions Rangers effectively ended up where they are because of a con-artist named Craig Whyte.

I would wish this on no club.

Despite this I would challenge anyone to find a team that had 38000 season ticket holders in a part-time league, Rangers are not a club basking in past succesess but a hugely successfull club that took a hit (and still winning today).

Indeed we appeared in a European final just 6 years ago.

I have huge respect for the history and tradition of Derby County and respectfully hope that narrow minded,stereo-typical views are kept to a minimum and the match can be enjoyed between 2 ''proper'' football clubs.

I think that is what anyone with at least half a brain would think. Problem with forums is that people get over emotive particularly about stuff that they are remote from so don't really understand. I am looking forward to the game.

When I was in Derby a friend took me to the old Baseball ground .we looked through at the corner .beautiful pitch but all the terraces overgrown . A sad site indeed . I believe its now demolished.

And thats nice off you Rams fans Waving at each other See I knew u was a nice friendly bunch lol

You are a bit wide of the mark there and your post has no factual content.

What exactly do you claim to be "Bile and Bigoted array of songs"

As for saying that Rangers only recently allowed Roman Catholics to play for them,  Jesus wept !

it seems you have swallowed the lies hook lie and sinker,

Rangers Football club signed Roman Catholic players before Celtic were even formed and continued to sign Roman catholic players throughout our history.

Catholics who signed for Rangers before Johnston include, before the end of World War I: Pat Lafferty (1886), Tom Dunbar (1891–1892), J Tutty (1899–1900), Archie Kyle (1904–1908), Willie Kivlichan (1906–1907), Colin Mainds (1906–1907), Tom Murray (1907–1908), William Brown (1912), Joe Donnachie (circa.1914–1918) and John Jackson (1917). Thereafter, Catholic players prior to Mo Johnston's signing include: Laurie Blyth (1951–1952), Don Kitchenbrand (1955–1956), Hugh O'Neill (1976), John Spencer (1985–1992) (Bill Murray, The Old Firm – Sectarianism, Sport and Society in Scotland (John Donald Publishers, 1984) pp 64–5 

Sectarianism was introduced into Scottish Football in 1888,  with the formation of a club which catered for one side of the population,  At their formation they only allowed RC players and attracted all the Roman Catholic fans. They had links to the IRA from their formation and the person who laid the first sod of turf at their purpose built stadium was an IRA man on the run from Police in Ireland.

Rangers have had numerous RC players,  RC Captains and a RC manager.

I hope the above facts help you understand the truth.

The true facts!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sectarianism_in_Glasgow

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/exclusive-signing-mo-johnston-was-mischief-1030214

For all the sh1te posted on here regarding this fixture, I can guarantee that the ground will be full and the atmosphere will be very good. We don't do religion in Derby when it comes to Catholics and Protestants, But we will turn out in our thousands and have a good drink with like minded fans. If Chelsea fans turn up and are not slapped down quickly by their Rangers mates, Things could turn ugly. But not because of anything the Rangers fans sing.

Archived