Derby play Rangers at the iPro

Sorry for posting here But it seem's some are giving the wrong impression about Rangers.. Someone mentioned Zombies and we aint the same club ? Wishful thinking Amen to that, but as you know Where very much alive and kicking our way back to where we belong Top off the Scottish premiership.

I want to add that where coming down the road once again to see our pals in Derby. 14k plus arrived in 06 for tinmans testimonial And the friendliest of friendly's was had by all, A handshake here and there and a few shared pints And not one bit off trouble all day. Ive met Derby county supporters many times since then. And every one off them as said Best supporters ever to be at the then Pride park. And your welcome back anytime Well all I can say to that is cya all on the 2nd August ... So we can renew our two great clubs affection for one another.

Sorry to the mankies on here, trying to stir up trouble but its fail fail again ..................Once friends always friends GSTQ

I was there as a 15 year old lad (my dad managed to get me and my cousin into the old grill bar) and I've never seen anything like it. The place was full off both sets of fans (mainly Rangers if I remember correctly) and the atmosphere was crazy. No trouble, just people laughing and drinking way too much! I've liked Rangers since.

I always thought Derby and Rangers have had a bit of a connection with one another since that, and I like that.

Both sets of fans were having a great time, and the game was fantastic.

This will be a cracking day. I can't wait.

Never looked forward to a pre season game like this.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for posting here But it seem's some are giving the wrong impression about Rangers.. Someone mentioned Zombies and we aint the same club ? Wishful thinking Amen to that,  but as you know Where very much alive and kicking our way back to where we belong Top off the Scottish premiership.  

I  want to add that  where coming down the road once again to see our pals in Derby. 14k plus arrived in 06 for tinmans testimonial And the friendliest of friendly's was had by all, A handshake here and there  and a few shared pints And not one bit off trouble all day. Ive met Derby county supporters many times since then. And every one off them as said Best supporters ever to be at the then Pride park. And your welcome back anytime Well all I can say to that is cya all on the 2nd August ... So we can renew our two great clubs affection for one another.   

Sorry to the mankies on here, trying to stir up trouble but its fail fail again ..................Once friends always friends GSTQ

Good post fella... We are looking forward to it.

Thanks for replies Really looking forward to this one myself, As will many G'ers, Should be a good test for both our squads. And really feel Derby County deserved the result at Wembley  And Rangers should be playing a premiership club.. You'll be there next season Steve Maclarens a top manager....

Btw Anyone one on here, Know the bar manager ???? If so, Remind them ta get more swally in.. We drunk the concourses dry at half time last time,, ha ha ha  My only complaint  about the day in Derby 06 ... GSTQ

Jealousy pal... Bit like us down here with Man U.Goes with the territory.So actually you've told me nothing I need to know.

Jealous of a division 2 side in turmoil? I don't think so.

There's obviously no point even discussing it. There's three types of people on this thread - 1. Those that know about Rangers and Celtic 2. Those that don't understand. 3. Rangers fans

Disappointing -a Scottish 2nd division club. They sound very much like The Gumps -existing on former achievements though in Rangers' case it is at least this millenium

But Rangers never won the European Cup, whereas Florist won it twice. You probably didn't know that, because they don't like to talk about it.

Jealous of a division 2 side in turmoil? I don't think so.

There's obviously no point even discussing it. There's three types of people on this thread - 1. Those that know about Rangers and Celtic 2. Those that don't understand. 3. Rangers fans

What about 4 ...sad acts like yourself stirring???

Sorry for posting here But it seem's some are giving the wrong impression about Rangers.. Someone mentioned Zombies and we aint the same club ? Wishful thinking Amen to that,  but as you know Where very much alive and kicking our way back to where we belong Top off the Scottish premiership.  

I  want to add that  where coming down the road once again to see our pals in Derby. 14k plus arrived in 06 for tinmans testimonial And the friendliest of friendly's was had by all, A handshake here and there  and a few shared pints And not one bit off trouble all day. Ive met Derby county supporters many times since then. And every one off them as said Best supporters ever to be at the then Pride park. And your welcome back anytime Well all I can say to that is cya all on the 2nd August ... So we can renew our two great clubs affection for one another.   

Sorry to the mankies on here, trying to stir up trouble but its fail fail again ..................Once friends always friends GSTQ

The only people looking to cause any trouble that day was your  friends from Chelsea. Luckily for everybody concerned, They were quickly told by a big group of Rangers fans to behave or risk getting a slap themselves.

Cracking day out and i hope this game will be a repeat. 

All Rangers fans I've met have been good, friendly people.

Celtic fans on the other hand...

I know loads of both.

Quinns in Drumcondra was a great place to go to watch Celtic games on the telly - fantastic atmosphere. Saying that, I wouldn't go in there wearing blue.

Thanks for replies Really looking forward to this one myself, As will many G'ers, Should be a good test for both our squads. And really feel Derby County deserved the result at Wembley  And Rangers should be playing a premiership club.. You'll be there next season Steve Maclarens a top manager....

Should be a good test for both our squads? Yet you admit that we should be in the Premier League v Scottish Division 2 side.

Matlock Town will be a bigger test for us

I'm the sad act? Says the Rangers fan on a Derby forum. Good one

Eh

Correct me if am wrong rangers are going to be playing derby?

There's several derby posters on the rangers forum just now for the same reason.

There's some venues getting hired out on the Friday in and aroung derby town centre for a cultural evening;) take it you won't want tickets?????

EhCorrect me if am wrong rangers are going to be playing derby?There's several derby posters on the rangers forum just now for the same reason.There's some venues getting hired out on the Friday in and aroung derby town centre for a cultural evening;) take it you won't want tickets?????

I've seen enough of the Rangers culture to last me a lifetime. I'll pass thanks

In every football rivalry, I always prefer one over the other for some reason.

Derby over Forest

Sheff Utd over Sheff Wed

Liverpool over United

Newcastle over Sunderland

Swansea over Cardiff

Norwich over Ipswich

Barca over Real Madrid

And personally, it's Celtic over Rangers. That's not to say I have anything against Rangers, or that I dislike them for any reason. Just on a football level, I prefer Celtic.

And that's the way it's staying. Football and politics never mix. For what it's worth, I'm a proud Briton and I love my country. But I prefer Celtic FOOTBALL CLUB over Rangers FOOTBALL CLUB. Because this is football, not a political debate. I know it's different north of the border but we're not above the border so it matters not.

:-) I wouldn't wear blue anywhere in drumcondra.

Light blue and dark blue together is perfectly acceptable (colours of the GAA Dubs, current all-Ireland football champions).

Archived