Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He got lucky with one bit of news and now you lot are licking his backside.

Anyone could of guessed that Hughes would get a new deal

Whilst I wouldn't simply go believing whatever he says, at this point in time there really isn't any reason to doubt him, it's a self consistent story, and his suggestion was that they were holding back on the Hughes news, and it does seem this is a week that they're suddenly announcing huge re-signings.

The speculation around Hughes was always going to be massive at some point this off season, but the club have moved quickly to re-sign. Holding back the news though would have been a good way to lessen the impact of Bryson leaving cheaply or Thorne not signing. They could hold back the news until one or both of those cases happens, then laud the resigning of Hughes as a coup for the club, dampening the impact of losing Bryson and missing out on Thorne. By announcing the signing now, it suggests that Bryson leaving and missing out on Thorne mightn't be as likely anymore, and in light of the previous information, there is a significant chance that Bryson and Thorne may well have been secured for next season.

Again, I wouldn't take it as gospel, but as far as 'in the know' sources go, this one hasn't really got anything to doubt it yet.

...yet...

Go on then, name one game Bryson has taken by the scruff of the neck and controlled.

Name a game one of our other players has?!

We are a team. We aren't one man. We don't have a Messi playing for us.

You're missing the point. Valley shouted down somebody for saying that Bryson only plays well when the team plays well. I asked for evidence of this.

In reply to your question, off the top of my head

Hendrick vs. Bristol City, Boro etc.

Hughes vs. Peterborough, Yeovil, Leeds, Les-tah etc

You're missing the point. Valley shouted down somebody for saying that Bryson only plays well when the team plays well. I asked for evidence of this.

In reply to your question, off the top of my head

Hendrick vs. Bristol City, Boro etc.

Hughes vs. Peterborough, Yeovil, Leeds, Les-tah etc

2nd half against Ipswich

At millwall

Home to forest

Away at blackpool he was outstanding

Need I go on

In my opinion he makes the team tick , however you and others might think differently and that's fine

See this is where I'd differ.

I think Hughes makes the team tick, Bryson and Hendrick add that killer finish. 

I can't imagine Bryson and Hendrick working quite as well as Hughes/Hendrick or Hughes/Bryson.

In fact, whatever way we look at it - I don't think there is much difference. I guess it comes down to who you think is better between Hendrick and Bryson IMO

I can't imagine Bryson and Hendrick working quite as well as Hughes/Hendrick or Hughes/Bryson.

In fact, whatever way we look at it - I don't think there is much difference. I guess it comes down to who you think is better between Hendrick and Bryson IMO

M8 it's a forum , every one has their opinion

Before Hughes came along we never really controlled a game with Bryson and Hendrick. I agree in other words.

Stat time... 

Passes per game

Bryson - 40.8 - 3 sub appearances sway that figure

Hughes - 40.6 - 5 sub appearances sway that figure

Hendrick - 35.7 - 12 sub apperances sway that figure 

But.. George Thorne 68.8 - no sub appearances to sway that figure.

It's hard to tell, and unless someone wishes to go work it out per minute... Hendrick, Hughes and Thorne are the pass masters.

Eustace 35.1 - 8 sub appearances sway that figure.

Basically, a sub appearance counts as one game... so when it comes to doing anything per game, it can have a big impact. 

We've got Bucko (yes, I know it's already been said but it's worth saying again)

Archived