Umbro - New Kit

New Kit  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what all the moaning is about. The away kit is a strong look.

They're all nice and minimal which is how a footy shirt should be. Stark contrast to last seasons, all of which were over-designed (whichever designer thought 'We are Derby' on the collar would look good needs to go back to design school!).

Less is definitely more.

I do agree the sponsor is very distracting though, but buymobile was hardly setting the world alight either. 

I'm also not convinced by the yellow kit, but again, thunderbird isn't much of a yardstick. 

No denying how bad the third kit is, it's awful on many levels. It looks cheap, the design is basic and the colour of the sponsor shouldn't be red (purely because it's just looks ***** with the yellow and blue). Give it a blue sponsor and it's acceptable, but the plainness of it just doesn't work with such unappealing colours.

Can't have any complaints with the other two though. The home kit is understated and looks great on the team, the away kit is classic Derby away colours and will look smart.

The away kit looks totally thrown together.. The pin stripes were thrown on as an afterthought and they couldn't even be bothered to fit the Ram in there properly, and the collar just completes the cheap, sports direct scrubby look.

The third kit is better than the away kit.

As for the sponsor being "red" oooohhh so what... Was the Bass triangle red?

Was the classic Patrick red?

Was the Maxwell red?

Was sports week red?

And I can't be bothered to think of anymore but I guess there is loads.

I don't mind the sponsor being red. But it's a pants sponsor and being red makes it look like a right show off.

HELLO!! I'm JustEat and I've got a Derby shirt attached to me

But surely that is exactly the point of a sponsor....? to show off your product?? to advertise it? to make people aware of it?

they have paid a lot of money for it, they are entitled to have the sponsor however they like, we are all too happy to take the money they are throwing at it to buy new players etc.

But surely that is exactly the point of a sponsor....? to show off your product?? to advertise it? to make people aware of it?

they have paid a lot of money for it, they are entitled to have the sponsor however they like, we are all too happy to take the money they are throwing at it to buy new players etc.

Oh yeah, I agree. For them it's great and exactly what they want. I'd rather have JustEat than Wonga. And if the club is getting a good deal the it's all good.

From a purely shallow point if view it's a pants sponsor. Like a girl that you're checking out but she's got a load of make up on

I think Just Eat is a great business model, the logo is fine and I have no problem them sponsoring Derby.

The issue I have is the inability to wear it without making yourself an easy target for abuse if slightly on the larger side!

Had two years of skin tight kits, one comes along that larger folk can buy and it's got an advert for junk food on it. Just make it for sale without the sponsor on it! Obese people advertising Just Eat is not a good look for Just Eat anyway!!!

I don't mind the sponsor being red. But it's a pants sponsor and being red makes it look like a right show off.

HELLO!! I'm JustEat and I've got a Derby shirt attached to me

Most brands usually have several colour variants of their logo - for example McDonald's allow white golden arches against blue backgrounds.

It'll be the same for JustEat, which leads me to believe they probably insisted on the red logo despite having options that would better suit our kits.

And that brings me to why the away kit works better than the others - the navy, cyan, white and red all compliment each other nicely, so there's a much stronger sense of cohesion between the kit design and the logo. I also really like the pin stripes - an classy touch that provides a nice contrast with the simplicity of the home kit.

That brings me to why I'm not keen on the third kit - it's as simple as the home kit (so offers nothing new on that front - at least last season's third kit had the yellow stripe), and the yellow and blue clash badly with the red of the logo. Overall not enough thought has gone into it.  

Archived