Richard Keogh

Jenkinson

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm sold, I've changed my mind. If he is so vital to our attacking style then we do need him. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I can't quite understand how our defensive record was so good, and our striking record was the best. Surely that would normally be a combination for league champions. I don't really understand how we didn't win the whole thing with that record.

Anyway, of course if our defense is so involved in how we attack, then we may well let a few slip through. Remember that period when we lost a couple and Simmo said we should tighten up at the back. I think we had a couple of 0-0 on the trot, and eventually decided, **** it, back to the old way. Far better to win 5-0 one week, and loose 1-0 the next than get 0-0 every week.

So, inclusion, like Lord Ram said, keep Keogh, keep the entire Wembley starting 11 (+ Bryso). Don't sell any of them, not for all the tea in china.

Okay, I'm sold, I've changed my mind. If he is so vital to our attacking style then we do need him. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I can't quite understand how our defensive record was so good, and our striking record was the best. Surely that would normally be a combination for league champions. I don't really understand how we didn't win the whole thing with that record.

Anyway, of course if our defense is so involved in how we attack, then we may well let a few slip through. Remember that period when we lost a couple and Simmo said we should tighten up at the back. I think we had a couple of 0-0 on the trot, and eventually decided, **** it, back to the old way. Far better to win 5-0 one week, and loose 1-0 the next than get 0-0 every week.

So, inclusion, like Lord Ram said, keep Keogh, keep the entire Wembley starting 11 (+ Bryso). Don't sell any of them, not for all the tea in china.

Since Mac came in we would have been second to Fester. Automatic promotion.

Since Mac came in we would have been second to Fester. Automatic promotion.

Uh-oh, it's only a matter of time before someone utters the C-word. Change the subject.

So Keogh is invaluable, so we cannot sell him. We don't need the money, and although theoretically at the right price we could do better, theoretically doesn't always work. Who do we replace him with and how can we be sure that they will perform and not be a waste of money. It would take silly money that only an absolute clown would spend to take him off us. 

Uh-oh, it's only a matter of time before someone utters the C-word. Change the subject.

So Keogh is invaluable, so we cannot sell him. We don't need the money, and although theoretically at the right price we could do better, theoretically doesn't always work. Who do we replace him with and how can we be sure that they will perform and not be a waste of money. It would take silly money that only an absolute clown would spend to take him off us.

Where's the C word?

If Prem clubs are prepared to pay serious money, say £2.5m, then I'd be tempted. Good move for Keogh, and gives us some manoeuvre in the transfer market. Defence is one area we might be able to bring in a better player than we've got. Dutch maestro at the back? Argentinian hatchet man next to Bucko? You never know - and Sam has said there's likely to be a foreign signing.

Richard Keogh has been absolutely marvellous this season. Why would we want to sell him unless he really wants to play premier league football and wants to go himself?

I love Bucko to bits and has been amazing this season.

But as I've posted on another thread a few months ago, I still feel Bucko has played above and beyond his means this season and has to all the time.

Whereas Keogh can get away with playing at 90% and his class gets him out of tricky situations.

Hope you can understand that analogy guys and dolls! Feel free to rip me apart!

It's not possible to play beyond your means in every single game... At the start of the season I would have agreed with you but now Buxton has proved (nearly) all of us wrong surely? He has been the epitome of a consistent Centre half and has been superb all season. It's not playing above and beyond your means if you can do it week in, week out. 

It's not possible to play beyond your means in every single game... At the start of the season I would have agreed with you but now Buxton has proved (nearly) all of us wrong surely? He has been the epitome of a consistent Centre half and has been superb all season. It's not playing above and beyond your means if you can do it week in, week out.

I know what you mean, maybe using the wrong words.

Maybe I was thinking no one would say that about Bucko 4/5 years ago. That's where I'm comparing him from.

You can't discuss Mac's successes and failings without someone jumping in to make a comparison using a certain C-word.

Nothing about the former manager in that post though, don't think there was any comparison. I do know what you mean though from time to time it does rear it's head on here! :)

If he wanted to leave, he'd have a hell of a lot of explaining to do. As much as I like him as a player, he owes us now after what happened in the PO final.

No he doesn't. Do you bloody well think he did it on purpose?

Every defender makes mistakes, but you've got to ask yourself whether Keogh's (or simply 'our defence's' if you don't want to pinpoint anyone) error at a vital moment of the highest pressured game of the season genuinely came as a surprise to you.

Unfortunately, for me it didn't.

That answer tells me that we need to improve the personnel if we can.

Archived