Richard Keogh

Jenkinson

Republic of Ireland international and Derby County captain Richard Keogh is a transfer target for newly promoted Burnley, Crystal Palace and Aston Villa.

Keogh who suffered last minute heartache with the Rams in the Championship Play-Off Final last month has been one of the most consistent performers in England's second tier for the last four seasons.

Steve McClaren's Derby side will be looking to avenge 2013/14's heartache with a title tilt next season but the Pride Park outfit might have to do it without their inspirational captain, Keogh, who was brought to the club from Coventry City back in 2012.

Aston Villa are reportedly closing in on the signing of former Arsenal star Philippe Senderos and could further boost their back line with a swoop for Keogh.

Whereas Crystal Palace recently released Welsh international Danny Gabbidon and will now be on the lookout for reinforcements to supplement Scott Dann and Damien Delaney.

Burnley on the other hand, are yet to make any new signings since their promotion back to the Premier League and worked with an incredibly tight squad last season.

If Keogh were to join Sean Dyche's men, you'd fancy he'd take an immediate first team berth, partnering the likes of club captain Jason Shackell or the veteran Northern Irishman Michael Duff.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/aston-villa-crystal-palace-to-face-off-for-republic-of-ireland-star?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TransferTavern+%28The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page%29

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) I hope Keogh's not reading the forum

2) But I do feel he'll never be the rock solid central defender we need so I would listen to offers. In football, every area of a team can be improved and it's about wheeling and dealing. Selling Shackell and getting Keogh was an example of a poor exchange.

3) If it were true that three teams are interested (no idea if this site's reputable), then let's have a bidding war. But anything over £2m is good business and I would hope our new scouting/recruitment network has better lined up.

No intention of breaking up the squad is the official line. Going nowhere.

Also, I swear I'll scream if he goes to Burnley and partners Shackell in a successful partnership. We're not set up to find quality centre halves only to sell them to Burnley.

1) I hope Keogh's not reading the forum

2) But I do feel he'll never be the rock solid central defender we need so I would listen to offers. In football, every area of a team can be improved and it's about wheeling and dealing. Selling Shackell and getting Keogh was an example of a poor exchange.

3) If it were true that three teams are interested (no idea if this site's reputable), then let's have a bidding war. But anything over £2m is good business and I would hope our new scouting/recruitment network has better lined up.

This. Love you Keough, but every man's got his price, he'd be one of the players I'd be less heartbroken about seeing leave. I do think there are other central defenders out there who can probably do a job.

To be honest, if I was Burnley, Crystal Palace or Aston Villa, I'd be pretty uninspired by this rumour. Hardly shows ambition to go rampaging up the league. He's good, but he's not world class. Lower prem at best.

Besides, we got Shackell to replace Barker (or to partner Barker at one point, but I think they only actually played two games together). Then we got Keogh to replace Shackell. now we're getting Barker back (everything crossed) he can replace his own replacement.

Keoghs in his last year isn't he? Heard nothing regarding a new contract, which is odd considering his position within the squad.

Approaching 28, how much more (if at all) will he improve? Will surely have to listen to offers over a million,

Keoghs in his last year isn't he? Heard nothing regarding a new contract, which is odd considering his position within the squad.

Approaching 28, how much more (if at all) will he improve? Will surely have to listen to offers over a million,

Next four or five years should be at his peak.

Archived