Richard Keogh

Jenkinson

I'm going along with those who're saying if it aint broke, don't fix it. I don't want anyone leaving,

Selling Keogh would be a massive mistake in my opinion. Even if Barks is fit.

He's the captain and a big part of the spirit the squad have got going. Not to mention his influence on the pitch, where, barring a slip or two, he has been absolutely brilliant for most of the season.

There is a squad of players here, who we already know are too good for most of this division. They are PROVEN at this level to be a bit too good for at least 20 other sides already.

Why would we want to shift any of them?

The transfer blokes job is pretty easy for me this summer.

A right back and Thorne in and that's it, done. No need to tinker with what already worked.

Agree with nearly all that, probably a young forward too I would bring in as well.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richard Keogh has been absolutely marvellous this season. Why would we want to sell him unless he really wants to play premier league football and wants to go himself?

I love Bucko to bits and has been amazing this season.

But as I've posted on another thread a few months ago, I still feel Bucko has played above and beyond his means this season and has to all the time.

Whereas Keogh can get away with playing at 90% and his class gets him out of tricky situations.

Hope you can understand that analogy guys and dolls! Feel free to rip me apart!

Since when has there been a correlation between league position and the leadership qualities of the captain?

There probably isn't any correlation.

All I am saying is people writing off Keogh as a good captain, he captained Derby County to 3rd in the league. Surely that is all that matters, getting 3 points and getting the highest league position possible. With Keogh as captain and McClaren as manager we have proved we can do that quite a lot don't you think?

How can anyone say our defensive doesn't need tightening up? The goal in the final was 3 mistakes from 3 defenders, it should of been cleared even before it got to Keogh. Also any team that are the highest scorers in the league and dont win the league surely theres a problem with there defence. I would happily sell him and bring in another centre back for over 1m.

If I saw keogh leve, I would be absolutely devastated to see him leave, a lot of people are saying he's not a top championship defender, then why is he being linked with premier league clubs? But I personally think that if ANYONE was in the starting 11 against qpr plus Bryson was to leave would not have just a negative affect on losing a quality player, but on damaging the chemistry within the squad. Our team is not just about some great players, but it's how we play, attacking flair football and that can only be done when the squad are in harmony with eachothet, we've seen seen superb examples, including keogh and Buxton, remove one of them and you've got to replace a two year 'get to know eachother' linkup who between them are as close as bread and butter they help each other, therefore I think if we see just one leave, the others performances will drop, selling players and bringing in new ones won't help us *cough* watford *cough*

plus our attacking style isn't just played by our midfield and attack, keogh is included with it as well, how many centre halves in this league can bring the ball down and control it, how many can / will drive into and beyond the half way line when all our midfielders are marked to Create space for them, and how many will look to pick a pass to start an attacking move, rather than just hoof it clear, if we sell and bring in a replacement we've got o train them to play like that, which could have been time spent improving a players who already plays like that further and make him even better

and just to elaborate further on the bucko and keogh bond, how many times have people already mentioned bucko in this three already? How many times have people mentioned bucko and keogh in this forum? Remove one of them and you also remove the other

people say we have profficient cover in whitbread, for me he is no way near keogh or bucko's standard, look at Leeds, I thought he was poor, people will talk about match fitness blah blah blah blah, but Hendrick and Thorne were both match 'unit' whenvthey came into the side. And for that reason I'd rather see Hendrick leave, as we have cover for him easily, but we'd undoubtedly have to spend money on a centre half and it won't b cheap to bring in one of a plays style of keogh and of we don't it would take most part of a season to train them to play our way

i most definitely do not want to see keogh or Buxton leave.

Plus people talking about our defensive record, when in fact we have one of the best defensive records in the league since mac came in, bar out Ipswich only against Leicester we conceded more than 2 goals and a lot of games we didn't concede any, we went on run of about 10 games or so with 7 clean sheets, and your telling me we can't defend! People highlighting mistakes at wembley, it's one game, you can't judge a (most of a) whole season of defensive capabilities on one game.

How can anyone say our defensive doesn't need tightening up? The goal in the final was 3 mistakes from 3 defenders, it should of been cleared even before it got to Keogh. Also any team that are the highest scorers in the league and dont win the league surely theres a problem with there defence. I would happily sell him and bring in another centre back for over 1m.

So you want to bring in a defender who doesn't make mistakes. Righty o!

No. He is our leader, how do you think the team would react? (Unless Keogh wanted to leave)

If he wanted to leave, he'd have a hell of a lot of explaining to do. As much as I like him as a player, he owes us now after what happened in the PO final.

If he wanted to leave, he'd have a hell of a lot of explaining to do. As much as I like him as a player, he owes us now after what happened in the PO final.

I know you are quoting that if he said he wanted to leave, but I believe as a person, he owes us nothing. Been a great captain, and I hope he can lead this team to glory next season

So you want to bring in a defender who doesn't make mistakes. Righty o!

All players make mistakes and all goals in analysis can be traced to a mistake or mistakes.The thing to look for is what that mistake is and how often that mistake is repeated not just when a goal is scored. A top defender makes fewer errors and  rarely repeats them.

Archived