Sunday People - linking us to Jordon Ibe

Stuniverse

Sunday People Sport p. 59 (could not find online)

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will let young star Jordon Ibe go out on loan next season.

Ibe has impressed for England's U19 side and has a host of admirers.

Rodgers thinks Ibe, who can play on either wing or through the middle, can make the grade but needs more experience.

Derby County are big fans of the 18-year old and the clubs have a good relationship since Andre Wisdom's successful loan deal with the Rams last season.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday People Sport p. 59 (could not find online)

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will let young star Jordon Ibe go out on loan next season.

Ibe has impressed for England's U19 side and has a host of admirers.

Rodgers thinks Ibe, who can play on either wing or through the middle, can make the grade but needs more experience.

Derby County are big fans of the 18-year old and the clubs have a good relationship since Andre Wisdom's successful loan deal with the Rams last season.

Yes please! Pace and youth. That's our route back to the premiership. There's no point picking journeymen than having to buy a new squad when you get there. However, loan players have to have the team ethic. Wisdom and Thorne seemed to have it - Bamford less so. Only my observation of course, but I didn't see the fight and determination in him evident in the other two. If Ibe really wants to play and get Derby up then I'd love to see someone so exciting at our club. 

Hasn't Ambitious followed this guy closely?

Maybe if Bamford doesn't come back we're looking for another wide option?

I've watched him a few times in the past and I've always been stunned about how good he is. 

He's a similar style player to Dawkins, in my opinion. (If I was to make a comparison)

I've always been particularly impressed with his decision making, he always seems to just do enough and then move the ball on. A very good trait for a young kid.

I genuinely think Ibe has more potential than Sterling. But we'll see. 

That's the point now, Derby's needs and expectations have changed.

Before we needed loans from Premier clubs to improve an average (or below average even), Championship side.

Now anyone who comes from a Premier club (or anywhere else ) has got to improve a very good Championship side, and we should not bring anyone who  will not do so, and not just give to them games because of where they come from.

Even Thorne had to wait for his chance , he took it and never looked back, others must be prepared to do the same or we don't want or need them.

Archived