GMR

GetMeRangers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GMR, I hope you'll drop in on us during the new season and give us updates on how you see things going on at your club and maybe even the Premiership in general, I think you can be relied upon to give an honest and interesting appraisal.

Enjoyed your input these last few days, all the best. "http://mindromp.org/forum/images/smilies/thumbs_up_smiley" alt="thumbs_up_smiley">

It is set up for an eventful season... I might have to withdraw to hiding after 1 December when our financial results come out. 

Wouldn't worry mate - what can people say that hasn't been said already?

It'll be interesting to see how QPR go about trying to compete in the PL - realistically, to stay up, you're going to have to spend a sh1tload of £££. Will they take the £££ on offer, baton down the hatches and use it to reduce the debt, or will they try and compete, which means spending more £££ and potentially placing yourselves into a precarious position, even more so if you ended up coming back down.

Proper quandary that one.

I think everyone hopes that TF means what he says. He has mentioned that both he and Harry see the value in Championship players; players who might have a better chance of loving the badge (if such a thing widely exists) and not there just for the money (or should I say cheaper)

TF loves his football... my concern is that we have a world cup approaching. He should be banned from watching it! Slightly more interesting will be how they handle the swathe of players out of contract, including Green (remember we have the Brazilian Captain on our books), Bobby somebody, the returning sulkers/troublemakers, like Remy and Adel.

We have the dichotomy of a manger who always wants not just one more player, when you can have two, with a chairman who loves a big name. Some can see Harry bringing in a few more of his trusted lieutenants from yesteryear like Crouch (started with us and is an Rs fan), Lampard (family connections) Joe Cole, somebody even mentioned Ashley cole (I am beginning to feel faint).. Rio Ferdinand.

Thorne hasnt escaped our fans attention, either, but plenty of lower league young talent is what many would hope for. It will be hard on some of the players who have been through this season, as I can see them struggling in the Prem, given their age. Last time round we had the oldest starting 11 and hope that might not be the case this time.

If I am honest, I am glad it is not my money that is being gambled!

It was a bit odd on the tube going back into London, on a train full of half and half supporters, it was complete silence all the way.

I couldn't work out if the QPR fans were day trippers or what, but some of them had shirts etc. on.

If it was us we'd have been bouncing all the way back, even if it was won against the play.

Queens Park Rangers, for what it's worth, are more equipped for Premier League football than we are. 

I think we're the better team, don't get me wrong, and I doubt you would deny that. However, you've got the money to give the Premier League a real go.

As much as I would have liked to be proven wrong, I don't think we quite have the same desire to reach the very, very top. We have some rich owners and what not, but it was released last month that going by last seasons account, we have a bottom 6 budget for the Championship.

In many ways, I applaud the board, but I will not deny that Tony Fernandes a place at the top table. He has really had to dig deep this season, which okay it's his doing but the mismanagement from people helping with decisions.. player recruitment for one has cost him a lot.

I'm not so convinced that next season will be as easy as people say. I hope we back McClaren and bring in some good prospects, starting with Wisdom and Thorne. I can't see it though. I think we'll step up our 'restrictions' but we're miles off a top 6 budget, absolutely miles and I don't think that will change that much.

I always feel for owners that really do put their money where their mouth is and get nothing for it - I'm glad for him. 

I'm not too fussed about missing out on the Premier League for the above reasons. Many people probably disagree, but it's only because we've brought correctly and shrewdly. I hope it continues to work, but once we're in the Premier League we would have to make huge, huge changes. I was scared that another Premier League season could put us back a few years.

It'll be interesting what this summer brings. I hope we show more desire that previous seasons and I hope we get it right.

The system and management is in place and I think we're one of the more desirable Championship clubs - we need to use that to our advantage.

It was a bit odd on the tube going back into London, on a train full of half and half supporters, it was complete silence all the way.

I couldn't work out if the QPR fans were day trippers or what, but some of them had shirts etc. on.

If it was us we'd have been bouncing all the way back, even if it was won against the play.

Perhaps they were just being a bit more respectful in the circumstances.

Perhaps they were just being a bit more respectful in the circumstances.

I make you right. we celebrated like mad in the stadium and on the way to the station, then again the whole night but on the train I think its fair to say, we actually genuinely felt for you guys. The majority of our fan base are top notch, including those from WATRB forum, despite the stuff GMR says. I remember the way Cardiff fans were acting when we left the millennium stadium and made our way home after losing the play off final we shouldn't have lost.... they were appalling.

I make you right. we celebrated like mad in the stadium and on the way to the station, then again the whole night but on the train I think its fair to say, we actually genuinely felt for you guys. The majority of our fan base are top notch, including those from WATRB forum, despite the stuff GMR says. I remember the way Cardiff fans were acting when we left the millennium stadium and made our way home after losing the play off final we shouldn't have lost.... they were appalling.

My experience too. Very subdued/respectful both on the tube and queueing to get into Wembley Park station. One of our guys was being a d*ck outside Tesco but at least it was verbal rather than physical (he wasn't being provoked by Rangers fans incidentally). Don't think I saw any Rangers fans celebrating outside of the ground or in Marylebone (where we stayed last night). By the way, the Commitments was fantastic but the leg room at the Palace theatre was sh*te!

People far too fearful of that season, we are in a much better place on and off the pitch to back then and the PL is way weaker that it was in 05-09, mind you the Championship looks very weak next season so if we keep the base there is no reason why we can't avoid the lottery and finish top 2, one of the relegated teams is in turmoil and has an inexperienced manager, the other has an aging squad and a manager who has little FL knowledge and the other has a rookie as a manager and had a poor transfer strategy in the last two years.

The only team that properly outplayed us have gone up and well as a bogey team, the rest we outplayed 9.5/9.75 times out of 10, even when we lost.

I just hope we get promoted soon, getting bored of this league. Glad we have a manager and playing squad which I can see that happening, yes we may get relegated if we do go up, but more often promoted teams stay up, heck look at Palace who were quite frankly lucky to finish 5th and they have finished 11th in the PL with a starting 11 that is Championship standard.

The QPR fans I spoke to in O'Neills after the game seemed rather subdued. They were more relieved at the financial security of returning to the Premiership rather than the elation a team like us would feel after a six year absence.

As has been said many times, the Rangers Fans on the train back from Wembley Central to Eastleigh were genuinely decent sorts who, although pleased to have got up, empathised having been in our position. It sounds as though there are some genuinely exciting stadium and other plans for the Hoops to look forward to. They were, in the main, sceptical that 'arry would stick with them and they all wished us well for next season. 

The other Rams on that train with me seemed genuinely chilled and politely appreciative of the conciliatory remarks. Either that or their concentration on the menu of the Istanbul Grill had blocked out all other thoughts. 

Proper fans of all colours should always be welcome here. Wishing the R's well for next season as they have a lot of rebuilding to do by the sounds.

GMR you have renewed my faith in your fans.

Lovely balanced posts mate and you seem like a genuine bloke.

Had a couple of divs I encountered before and after the match that were wearing your hoops and they did your club no favours.

Now I bear QPR no real malice as I did on Saturday and actually wish you well.

ER.

Now I bear QPR no real malice as I did on Saturday and actually wish you well.

Right now, I still can't stand QPR. Can't bear to wish them good luck, can't bear to think about the possibility of them ever doing well. Still feel bitter about it...

But it'll pass...

Right now, I still can't stand QPR. Can't bear to wish them good luck, can't bear to think about the possibility of them ever doing well. Still feel bitter about it...

But it'll pass...

I cant say I wouldnt feel the same if the situations were reversed. I still cant get over Cantona scoring in the 99th which as good as confirmed our relegation back in 96. I felt as many of you did on Saturday. Yet, I have 100's of reasons to loathe Man U!

But it'll pass...

Us shooting ourselves in the foot had little to do with them though.

In many ways things would be easier if we could blame them, but other than playing very well defensively, and taking their chance when it came to them, I don't think we can complain too much.

We played them off the park in a lot of areas, but scoring goals and not conceding stupid ones, unfortunately, were the two where they had the better of us. 

Archived