GMR

GetMeRangers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'd have won if we'd got to extra time but 10 seconds of sloppy defending did for us.

Bryson made a big improvement, running in behind the back four.

and if only we'd still had JR on the pitch.

Hard to take, but in a bizarre way i was thinking that promotion helps you more.

You'd be in dire straits if we'd won.

Now we need to find the missing ingredient.....

And how many left at about 41minutes like it was half time? Jesus Christ. I don't think I could have gone to the toilet in the game even if I were desperate - terrified I'd miss something.

Putting the game aside for a moment and a personal story. (and not trying to rub salt into wounds)

I have only once in my life left a game early (never sneaked off before half time, or during a game). It was the game at the iPro in the promotion season. Much like yesterday, we didnt look as if we could score even if we played all night. The iPro (or Pride park as it was at the time) has always been a nightmare to get away from. AT 90 mins, I decided that this time, at 0-2, there was no point in staying....DOH!

Yesterday, I got fed up queuing for the loo at half time, so soathed my dry and hoarse throat with a pint instead. Come 89 mins, with extra time looming (and IMO a Derby winner coming), I thought i might just nip down and relieve a bursting bladder and beat the queue. "No, you have skipped missed a goal once before... hold it", I told myself. 

On your anti-jinx thread, someone should have written...GMR wont leave early and they will score. 

If I have savoured anything from this game, it is the confirmation that you should never leave the match during open play, no that I will mention it again on here

I remember leaving at HT when we lost at home to Preston in the FA Cup during our ill-fated Premier League campaign. 

Having a nightmare time of it in the PL was one thing. Getting absolutely raped by a team who were at the time either near to or actually were bottom of the Championship, was something else entirely. We were 0-3 at HT. That was enough for us. Back home before the final whilst, and no, no miracle come back.

To be fair , if we'd stuffed QPR 6-0 , I think GMR would be the first on here to congratulate us..

Oh, I definitely would have been. Tough many hated our time in the prem, particularly the last season, I enjoyed teh football. We palyed a far better game than this season and had some really classy players. Occasionally they would play as a team and some of my favourite games were Villa away (where we should have stuffed them) and Fulham away, again a 3-2 defeat but should have wqon

I watch football because I enjoy being entertained, as much as the winning. That scoreline going into the game, was not out of the question. The fact we have got our squad together and playing as a team in the last couple of months (there was a huge void after Mac left, of slowly falling apart) and managed to contain you si by the by. It wasnt a very enjoyable game, though more exciting for your fans (bar the end) than ours

In Mac, you are vry fortunate to have a manager who sets his squad to play open and exciting football. It is a shame that sometimes you need to have a team that can just grind out a result

I remember leaving at HT when we lost at home to Preston in the FA Cup during our ill-fated Premier League campaign.

Having a nightmare time of it in the PL was one thing. Getting absolutely raped by a team who were at the time either near to or actually were bottom of the Championship, was something else entirely. We were 0-3 at HT. That was enough for us. Back home before the final whilst, and no, no miracle come back.

Only time I've ever booed that game. Absolute disgrace that game was.

Only time I've ever booed that game. Absolute disgrace that game was.

I remember it being that bad that Coco was literally getting booed every time he touched the ball. Of course that made matters even worse, but if there's ever a Derby player that deserved it, it was that clueless, talentless, ****.

O ye of little faith. As a youngster I witnessed the game of my life. We trailed Newcastle 4-0 at half time. It was totally unjust. They had 4 shots... we ran the game and had hit the post and had two stonewall penalties turned down.

i have never had a hooligan tendency in me, but that one game alone, at half time, I could have... well put a scratch on  a Newcastle car or something... I was a spitting mad 17 year old

Thank goodness I didnt... pulled goals back to 4-3 and then on 83min they went 5-3 ahead. The equaliser, I swear, was blown in by the crowd... I have never felt emotion like it. I have spoken to toon fans who, despite only drawing having scored 5 away from home, said it was football at its most exciting. They all remained like us, at the end and celebrated carnival style.

Many, many QPR fans left at half time... unsuprisingly

I remember it being that bad that Coco was literally getting booed every time he touched the ball. Of course that made matters even worse, but if there's ever a Derby player that deserved it, it was that clueless, talentless, ****.

I'll never forget what Jewell said in his post match;

"I can't believe that fans started booing at half time… I'd have started before then!"

O ye of little faith. As a youngster I witnessed the game of my life. We trailed Newcastle 4-0 at half time. It was totally unjust. They had 4 shots... we ran the game and had hit the post and had two stone ball penalties turned down.

i have never had a hooligan tendency in me, but that one game alone, at half time, I could have... well put a scratch on  a Newcastle car or something... I was a spitting mad 17 year old

Thank goodness I didnt... pulled goals back to 4-3 and then on 83min they went 5-3 ahead. The equaliser, I swear, was blown in by the crowd... I have never felt emotion like it. I have spoken to toon fans who, despite only drawing having scored 5 away from home, said it was football at its most exciting. They all remained like us, at the end and celebrated carnival style.

Many, many QPR fans left at half time... unsuprisingly

I think the BiB is the key here mate - we trailed 0-3 at HT and there was absolutely nothing unjust about it at all. In truth, it could, and probably should, have been even worse. I honestly hardly dare imagine what the scoreline would have been had it been against the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea. It is without doubt, THE single worst display I can ever remember from a Derby side. Even the maulings in the PL paled into insignificance compared to that. I mean, Ryan Giggs, Ronaldo and the likes giving our players the runaround was one thing - watching Burt Blackpudding from Preston do it......wow!

I think the BiB is the key here mate - we trailed 0-3 at HT and there was absolutely nothing unjust about it at all. In truth, it could, and probably should, have been even worse. I honestly hardly dare imagine what the scoreline would have been had it been against the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea. It is without doubt, THE single worst display I can ever remember from a Derby side. Even the maulings in the PL paled into insignificance compared to that. I mean, Ryan Giggs, Ronaldo and the likes giving our players the runaround was one thing - watching Burt Blackpudding from Preston do it......wow!

I know the feeling.... I see your Preston and raise it Vauxahll Motors (or any countless Cup games... holding the record for the longest sequence of cup games without a victory; something like 13 years)

What were your feelings in Mac "first" game at the club (Ipswich). On our forum, there was a terrible feeling that we had just let our best summer signing go - for FREE FFS - and wonder what he could achieve if he had been given the reigns! We all thought you would be thereabouts at the end of the season, even possibly pipping Burnley to the line, if they had any kind of injury to Ings or Vokes

I know the feeling.... I see your Preston and raise it Vauxahll Motors (or any countless Cup games... holding the record for the longest sequence of cup games without a victory; something like 13 years)

What were your feelings in Mac "first" game at the club (Ipswich). On our forum, there was a terrible feeling that we had just let our best summer signing go - for FREE FFS - and wonder what he could achieve if he had been given the reigns! We all thought you would be thereabouts at the end of the season, even possibly pipping Burnley to the line, if they had any kind of injury to Ings or Vokes

Mac kind of had a free pass for the Ipswich game - he couldn't really lose. 

Everyone knew that he was just "watching" from the stands - but then when it came out that he'd been into the dressing room at HT and had a word - what with the comeback in the second half - he gained a lot from that. 

Yeah, I think both us and you were waiting for the 'inevitable' bubble to burst with Burnley, but credit to them, their consistency was phenomenal, and even when Vokes got injured, it was far too later for it really to make any difference to either of us.

For across the A52.. In peace.

Having watched yesterday's game there was only one side that should have won.

Derby were the more entertaining (and let's face it the second best team in the championship behind derby) if it wasn't for your average start u would have pushed leicester to the title.

QPR have a lot of experience and that showed when down to 10 men how to camp in their own half and defend.

my personal view on who I wanted to win yesterday I was torn.

Some of me wanted a derby win (I know that's hard to believe) but QPR have a higher wage bill than athletico Madrid!

If they were not promoted they would have major financial problems.. They gambled and it paid off.

Derby however have played good attacking, entertaining football with very skilful and forward thinking young english players.

If it was for football reasons I think the majority of this country would want you promoted.

However as a tricky tree, The last thing I needed after getting thumped 5-0 was for Leicester and derby promoted!

U have some very good players and I'm sure ull do well next year.. Thorne, Bryson and Martin especially have been outstanding.

Really respect and appreciate that post GMR - I also generally found most QPR a decent bunch yesterday (expect the loon who bellowed "Zamora" down my ear, interupting my post match sulk).

24 hours, still can't comprehend what happened yesterday. My kids watched the highlights earlier today and I couldn't bring myself to watch it again - would have been akin to being burgled and then watching it again on Crimewatch.

Wish you the best of luck for next season GMR and hope we'll be joining you the season after

Archived