Media disrespect towards McClaren lately

Alph

Thought I'd highlight these gems from The Sun this time (which I didn't buy) to highlight how it helps if your surname is Redknapp or Sherwood.

"The rain was bucketing down and Harry Redknapp was soaked to the bone. But the QPR boss did not feel a thing. He was far too wound up trying to get QPR past Wigan.."

"McClaren of course is immortalised as the Wally with the brolly..."

"Ever since then every manager has preferred to look like a drowned rat than seek refuge under an umbrella"

"It's been a tough season for Redknapp at a club saddled with astronomical debts of £177m and forced to send its big wages earners out on loan"

"Though many still made Rangers favourites to go up, he was never one of them"

Harry says "getting QPR back into the Premier League will be one of my greatest ever achievements"

"The irony of it all is the man sitting in the Derby dugout is McClaren, the man Redknapp brought back into football..."

Harry says "I didn't have to give him a job... I thought a new face would do us good"

"The final irony is the man who replace McClaren at Rangers was Wally Downes. Two wallys at Wembley? Let's hope it doesn't rain!!"

What a hero! He can't possibly lose to our village idiot. A village idiot that has been asked about the brolly in every interview from a national journalist this week.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived