Increase the iPro capacity?

Boycie

Well, we've just sold out 37k tickets.

Also, loads of fans for various reasons, have lost out.

There must be a case for increasing the capacity of the ground, no?

All these fans would fill a 40000 stadium easy.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many seats could they even increase the capacity by? Seems like we'd have to be well established in the prem before it would be viable.

The ground is designed to bolt bits on top to make it two tiers all the way round. 45k was the figure given when we bid for the World Cup and I think it could be done with temporary ground extensions.

The ground is designed to bolt bits on top to make it two tiers all the way round. 45k was the figure given when we bid for the World Cup and I think it could be done with temporary ground extensions.

When you say temporary, do you mean that seats could be added and removed without major construction works?

Are ticket sales even that valuable to a premier league club anyway, would it even be worth what would probably be a significant investment? Surely it pales in comparison to TV money? I'm sure I read somewhere that Bayern had no interest in increasing ticket prices as it would only generate an extra €2,000,000 a season?

What's our average attendance at the ipro? Is it even high 20's?

Imagine how many tickets Sheffield Wednesday would get if we increased it then played them in the second tier again. There'd be more of them than us

We wouldnt get 40k all the extra 7 thousand are going for a day out or only go when we are doing welk I wish we could get more real fans and not " I didnt know derby played in white" fans.

Hear, hear!

We'd fill it while we were in the Prem. Wasnt every game in the Prem last time a sellout?

That being said, unless we're an established Prem side then you're running the risk of it being just over half full every time we drop down again.

We'd fill it while we were in the Prem. Wasnt every game in the Prem last time a sellout?

That being said, unless we're an established Prem side then you're running the risk of it being just over half full every time we drop down again.

If its the temporary option we can always rip it down again.

Stoke were going to fill in their corners and increase capacity after 2 seasons in the Prem - they've never done it and they struggle to fill their 28,000.

I can't imagine Derby will consider it unless they end up with a Season Ticket waiting list.

Anyway, woycie's bumming methinks....... :ph34r:

Stoke were going to fill in their corners and increase capacity after 2 seasons in the Prem - they've never done it and they struggle to fill their 28,000.

I can't imagine Derby will consider it unless they end up with a Season Ticket waiting list.

Anyway, woycie's bumming methinks....... :ph34r:

Boycie is on the committee. Thought the committee we anti-wummers?

Archived