Increase the iPro capacity?

Boycie

Being relegated at that point would not mean much. The investment would be made on the back of success and the money pot that is the PL. Concerns about not being able to fill 44,000 in the PL are unjust. If we could sell on average 40,000 per game would it be considered bad. Would 4000 empty seats in a 44,000 look like an empty stadium...no. If we got relegated afterwards and our gates came down again...so what. The upper tiers could simply remain person free and we could allow fans to cover the empty seats with flags. 

We have people saying we should wait until we are an established top half PL team. When will that happen and what guarantee is that for us to not get relegated? All this talk of plastic fans is nonsense. There are many people who do not buy season tickets year after year. I have seen many faces come and go but they were certainly not plastic fans. Some fans that would have a season ticket for 2/3/4 seasons in a row then decide not to renew. 

The club wouldn't have put such proposals forward originally in 2009 if they were unsure or did not know if they could fill the added seats. It would be nice to be proactive and not reactive. 

I'd firstly like to clear one thing up.I've never described any of our fan base as plastics,glory hunters or any other such derogatory term-in fact I find the whole thing rather tiresome.I only quoted others in order to draw out what I considered to be an irony.

If you're suggesting that a Prem adventure would finance such an investment,then that's little different to what I said in my last post.However,I don't believe this would arise as soon as you seem to think,because the Prem riches have to sustain Prem wages and recruitment before any surplus arises.Unfortunately you then have to factor in the £15m stadium loan,which becomes repayable in 2016.Therefore,if you're advocating the extension when we can afford it,I'm all for it.However,if it were done to the detriment of team strengthening you could well be looking at a Sheff Wednesday situation,and I'm not sure how their fans (after all these years) view their 'investment' and proactive approach.

For me,the first priority should be to finance team strengthening and put out a side that rewards the loyalty of the regular fan base.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd firstly like to clear one thing up.I've never described any of our fan base as plastics,glory hunters or any other such derogatory term-in fact I find the whole thing rather tiresome.I only quoted others in order to draw out what I considered to be an irony.

I never did. 

I never did. 

I know,but I just wanted to clarify my personal stance on the matter.Having experienced the modest crowds of the Tim Ward era,I relished the massive crowds and great atmosphere that followed.The more the merrier in my book.

I did, I was referring to the plastic fans of other clubs, living in Derbyshire and surrounding areas, who would choose to come to Derby for their one tourist game a season if seats were available.

As it stands if we get to the Prem (still a huge IF), the vast majority of home seats would be snapped up by season ticket holders and members.

I had a call from a Man U fan at 11am on Saturday morning asking me if I had a customer number he could use to get himself a ticket.

It gave me great pleasure to tell him we'd sold out already, 17,000 in under an hour :)

Archived