Increase the iPro capacity?

Boycie

Don't think they'd consider it unless we became a stabilised premiership team and could attract 40,000 week in week out. Wouldn't like it to end up like Hillsborough where half the seats are empty, it just looks poor.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

48x51 = 24x100 +48=2448 (surprised myself with that one)

I'd have been alarmed if you hadn't got the drift-the best thing I was taught was breaking things down into components.In Ireland recently you had to work out 0.18% of property prices expressed in complete thousands.That's a doddle too (but don't do it on here as there'll soon be complaints  :D ).

I'd have been alarmed if you hadn't got the drift-the best thing I was taught was breaking things down into components.In Ireland recently you had to work out 1.8% of property prices expressed in complete thousands.That's a doddle too (but don't do it on here as there'll soon be complaints  :D ).

That could keep the class quiet for hours in Ireland.

That could keep the class quiet for hours in Ireland.

Even more so as the %age should have read 0.18 -still a walk in the park though.

What's away support got to do with home capacity?

Forest take thousands away but can't fill the city ground

F*rest's apparently massive away support averaged about 200 more than us this season. Just so people aren't taken in when they claim it...

Think your figures may be a bit optimistic.Total match receipts for 12/13 came in at £5.285m,which equates to rather less than £3m per 10,000 fans.Even if we stayed up more than 1 year in the Prem and prices were raised in the 2nd year,it still looks a bit demanding to me.

Another consideration would be the financing.If external debt were employed,there'd be debt charges to add to the capital cost.

Optimistic...not if we did sell all 10,000. Compare the average costs of tickets present/next season/3 seasons time to 12/13. Because at what earliest point would we have the extra seats, about 3 seasons at the minimum. I might have been generous about us being capable of selling the 10,000 every game but not on price. 

In actual fact I think £3m is less than what we would get. You only have to take a look at the current cost of 14/15 season tickets for new season ticket holders to see that. 

Based on the figures you supplied and average attendances of 23,262 that season the club earned £2,271m per 10,000 seats. Just a 30% increase in price from 12/13 would equal £2.9523m. How much have prices increased from 12/13 to now. 

Bssed on our previous seasons in the Prem, how can you think we would sell 43k every home game. Se won't. You would end up with two 4-5k blocks for away fans, only opdning the second block for Man U, Newcastle, Liverpool etc

Optimistic...not if we did sell all 10,000. Compare the average costs of tickets present/next season/3 seasons time to 12/13. Because at what earliest point would we have the extra seats, about 3 seasons at the minimum. I might have been generous about us being capable of selling the 10,000 every game but not on price. 

In actual fact I think £3m is less than what we would get. You only have to take a look at the current cost of 14/15 season tickets for new season ticket holders to see that. 

Based on the figures you supplied and average attendances of 23,262 that season the club earned £2,271m per 10,000 seats. Just a 30% increase in price from 12/13 would equal £2.9523m. How much have prices increased from 12/13 to now. 

I'll readily admit that it didn't occur to me that the seats would be sold to new ticket holders and so my point about 12/13 income is irrelevant,as this figure would feature a lot of renewals at the cheaper rates.

I would point out that your target average of £300 per seat per season will be net of VAT,so the actual ticket price you're looking at would be £360 average.Is this achievable when you take all the concessions into consideration? I suppose it all boils down to the ratio of full price to concessions,something we can't predict.

I'll readily admit that it didn't occur to me that the seats would be sold to new ticket holders and so my point about 12/13 income is irrelevant,as this figure would feature a lot of renewals at the cheaper rates.

I would point out that your target average of £300 per seat per season will be net of VAT,so the actual ticket price you're looking at would be £360 average.Is this achievable when you take all the concessions into consideration? I suppose it all boils down to the ratio of full price to concessions,something we can't predict.

In terms of investment, if we could secure promotion and remain in the PL for two seasons it would be worth doing. Even if it did cost more than the £15m reported in 2009. Considering the plans it could only impact attendances for a few months. 

I say do it, even if it's purely a vanity project. I'd aim for as big as possible. I don't want to be thinking about  the money side of football, it's boring and far too sensible. I want a massive ground with cheap tickets full of rams fans... I know it won't happen (Especially the cheap tickets) but that's what I wish would happen.

In terms of investment, if we could secure promotion and remain in the PL for two seasons it would be worth doing. Even if it did cost more than the £15m reported in 2009. Considering the plans it could only impact attendances for a few months. 

I find this a difficult one to call.Staying in the Prem for 2 years doesn't guarantee we wouldn't be relegated in the following 2.If that were to happen,unless we went back up quickly,the debt would be an additional millstone when we least wanted it.Sage also makes the valid point that we're not guaranteed to fill the extended ground even in the Prem.

Boycie ticks me off and says it should all be about the fans,yet he and many others regularly make reference to the "plastics" and "glory hunters" who are the very ones that would be populating the new stands,and who would disappear following a relegation,leaving a bit of an expensive white elephant. If the thick and thin fans were to be looked after,then I would suggest that resources should be directed towards improving the team (for their benefit) and only be applied to ground extension if and when there were money in the kitty.At the end of the day,you could make as much money by improving the league position by a couple of places as you could from extra gate receipts.If you got to the stage whereby you could no longer improve the position ,it might be the time to expand,because by that time funds might have been built up.

I find this a difficult one to call.Staying in the Prem for 2 years doesn't guarantee we wouldn't be relegated in the following 2.If that were to happen,unless we went back up quickly,the debt would be an additional millstone when we least wanted it.Sage also makes the valid point that we're not guaranteed to fill the extended ground even in the Prem.

Boycie ticks me off and says it should all be about the fans,yet he and many others regularly make reference to the "plastics" and "glory hunters" who are the very ones that would be populating the new stands,and who would disappear following a relegation,leaving a bit of an expensive white elephant. If the thick and thin fans were to be looked after,then I would suggest that resources should be directed towards improving the team (for their benefit) and only be applied to ground extension if and when there were money in the kitty.At the end of the day,you could make as much money by improving the league position by a couple of places as you could from extra gate receipts.If you got to the stage whereby you could no longer improve the position ,it might be the time to expand,because by that time funds might have been built up.

Being relegated at that point would not mean much. The investment would be made on the back of success and the money pot that is the PL. Concerns about not being able to fill 44,000 in the PL are unjust. If we could sell on average 40,000 per game would it be considered bad. Would 4000 empty seats in a 44,000 look like an empty stadium...no. If we got relegated afterwards and our gates came down again...so what. The upper tiers could simply remain person free and we could allow fans to cover the empty seats with flags. 

We have people saying we should wait until we are an established top half PL team. When will that happen and what guarantee is that for us to not get relegated? All this talk of plastic fans is nonsense. There are many people who do not buy season tickets year after year. I have seen many faces come and go but they were certainly not plastic fans. Some fans that would have a season ticket for 2/3/4 seasons in a row then decide not to renew. 

The club wouldn't have put such proposals forward originally in 2009 if they were unsure or did not know if they could fill the added seats. It would be nice to be proactive and not reactive. 

Archived