Increase the iPro capacity?

Boycie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go up, stay up, then if we're averaging 32k plus as you'd expect, I'd go for it. Half a dozen big games a year I think you'd guarantee 40k, and even for the smaller clubs you'd get 35k or more with a Smith/McLaren type side and a bit of a buzz about.

The downside is if we did have a bad patch in the future, because 20k in a 40k stadium would look poor. That's a risk I'd take though, as having the bigger stadium not only makes it less likely to an extent, but it would make it more fun. Who wouldn't like to be in a 40k crowd at Derby?

Add safe standing in and we might even beat the record attendance one day.  :)

Weren't they planning to build a Tesco Express at the back of the East Stand this summer?

If that goes ahead it will scupper any future increase in capacity, Shirley?

They should build a proper bar at the back of the East stand, access from inside for match days.

I reckon the footings and steel is in for the stadium extension already and you'd only be building upward so building at ground level wouldn't affect the plans.

It was planned that, if we stayed up last time, to increase the capacity of Pride Park somewhat. 36 or 38k sticks in mind. I don't mind saying I'd rather we paid the thing off before we expand it.

Financial conditions are still dicey and can turn on us again. Let's consolidate ourselves as a permanent fixture in the Premiership before we even contemplate incurring more debt.

No point in increasing he capacity by adding another tier, we would never fill it.

A better investment would be to change the South Stand in to standing and spend the remaining money on players!

I think that's wrong. 40k is not unreasonable for many games. That's an extra 7k fans to a normal sell out. Straightforward for Charsepool Utd I would think.

Personal opinion is we should increase capacity by sticking another tier on and show some ambition. Yes we wouldn't fill it all the time and certainty not in the second division but we would get close in the top flight most of the time. I remember when Smith was manager how difficult it could be to get tickets so I largely listen to RD instead - couldn't do a season ticket back then.

Also look at the attendances we had a few years ago, poor performance did hit that but I would say the recession had a larger impact so to say under normal circumstances we wouldn't use a large part of any increased capacity is doing Rams fans a disservice.

Definitely make the south stand all safe standing first.That will increase capacity and increase noise level.

That requires a change in the law.

Levelling off the stands to the height of the Toyota to bring the capacity up to 42,000 (those are the original plans) do not. The club even have planning permission (whether that needs to be reviewed I'm not sure) 

Is this just a ploy,to further embarrass florist?

Do we need to do anything to embarrass them? They seem to be doing a good enough job of that without our help.

I remember it coming up last time we went up, I was all in favour of it then, but now I think it would be a bad idea unless we were competing in the top half of the Prem for a few seasons.

I hate seeing Boro, Leicester, Brum, Forest with a half empty stadium, 33k is just right, if you want to go to Prem games next season, get a ST, easy.

Archived