Song for Wembley

TroyDyer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am hoping quality of songs isn't diluted by having the singers spread all over the ground. Especially hoping for no rendition of  "And its Derby County FC...we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen..."

Truly the most boring, inane football song in the world. And factually pretty shaky.

Am hoping quality of songs isn't diluted by having the singers spread all over the ground. Especially hoping for no rendition of  "And its Derby County FC...we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen..."

Truly the most boring, inane football song in the world. And factually pretty shaky.

That's why 131 to 133 behind the goal were advertised as 'singing blocks' - to encourage those of like mind and voice to congregate.

Good point. I'd forgotten that. Hope they set the tone for the rest of us (I'm 2 tiers above them!)

I'll do my best….

In block 536, right above 131, so hopefully should get some singing up there, was gutted the singing area's had already gone! But hoping all rams will be in full voice! Seen so many comments about us vs Brighton ( From Sky, Brighton fans and the players) and would hate for it to let up at Wembley! 

Also, this is my first season where I've actually been quite regular (Since I was a kid anyway, only 22 now mind you..) and when/where did the Since I was young song come about? 

I love it and never heard another team sing it before?

In block 536, right above 131, so hopefully should get some singing up there, was gutted the singing area's had already gone! But hoping all rams will be in full voice! Seen so many comments about us vs Brighton ( From Sky, Brighton fans and the players) and would hate for it to let up at Wembley!

Also, this is my first season where I've actually been quite regular (Since I was a kid anyway, only 22 now mind you..) and when/where did the Since I was young song come about?

I love it and never heard another team sing it before?

Not sure who started it but quite a few teams have been singing it this year.

John Vicar's twitter, having a moan

sticking up for the staff who take **** on the phone

You stopped going Derby, watched Man U on sky

Your not having a ticket, so fook off and die

the lyrics fit ......too harsh? :ph34r:

Err, yes I think so....

I've read a Motherwell fan saying they started it. I know Charlton accuse us of stealing it from them. 

I love the (working out how to word this song) ohhh ohhhh ohhhh ohhhh  lalalalala, lalalalala,lalalalal,lalalala song.

We sang it for ages at the Bournemouth away game. Me and the wife spent the weekend in Bournemouth and she met me outside the ground afterwards, she said as she was walking to the stadium she could hear it echoing around the area and it sounded amazing. Also the Bournemouth fans who left early were humming it, one kid said to his dad "don't sing that its a Derby song and his dad said "it is catchy though" We should sing it more. Thought it sounded great when a lot of Pride Park sang it against Brighton too.

Steve Bloomer's Watching is a cringeworthy song which other clubs (rightfully) laugh at us for singing.

I've never met a single person who's a fan of another club who could give a flying one, let alone laugh at it.

On all the forums I've ever been on, no opposition fan, not even Leicester or Forest fans, has ever made a single comment about it.

Perhaps in your head, or perhaps in some ******* Twitterati group full of 13 year olds who's opinion means **** all, it's embarrassing, but to everyone else? Nah, nobody gives a toss.

I've read a Motherwell fan saying they started it. I know Charlton accuse us of stealing it from them. 

I love the (working out how to word this song) ohhh ohhhh ohhhh ohhhh  lalalalala, lalalalala,lalalalal,lalalala song.

We sang it for ages at the Bournemouth away game. Me and the wife spent the weekend in Bournemouth and she met me outside the ground afterwards, she said as she was walking to the stadium she could hear it echoing around the area and it sounded amazing. Also the Bournemouth fans who left early were humming it, one kid said to his dad "don't sing that its a Derby song and his dad said "it is catchy though" We should sing it more. Thought it sounded great when a lot of Pride Park sang it against Brighton too.

Did a good job with it at Charlton.

I've never met a single person who's a fan of another club who could give a flying one, let alone laugh at it.

On all the forums I've ever been on, no opposition fan, not even Leicester or Forest fans, has ever made a single comment about it.

Perhaps in your head, or perhaps in some ******* Twitterati group full of 13 year olds who's opinion means **** all, it's embarrassing, but to everyone else? Nah, nobody gives a toss.

Hurrah for anecdotal evidence!

You really don't think people find the phrase "everyone is frightened of that Derby pride" funny?

Here's an example of someone ripping it which I saw recently:

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?51161-Derby-County-4-2-Fruili-Province-B-Preview-26-04-14

Yes it's a piss-take post in its entirety, but he has a point.

Also, whenever it comes on many people don't sing it properly, with people going too fast or getting the words wrong, despite the fact the words are there on the screen and the music is played on the PA.

I hate it. Fortunately we never seem to sing it during the matches and have a lot of other decent songs.

Luv it meself. Once told a gump at work the dentist from my family wrote it, he looked impressed, then asked if it was my uncle or sommat!

Your dentist's Tank Tewson?

Not sure who started it but quite a few teams have been singing it this year.

Think we're the most vocal with it though? Not heard a better/louder one than ours and we stole it nice and early.

I thought Ajax did it first tbh? Before anyone?

Better than the previous years bandwagon chants. "Blahblah is a sh1thole" and "we'll sing on our own". Both used in perfect ironic fashion more often than not.

Archived