Song for Wembley

TroyDyer

Hurrah for anecdotal evidence!

You really don't think people find the phrase "everyone is frightened of that Derby pride" funny?

Here's an example of someone ripping it which I saw recently:

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?51161-Derby-County-4-2-Fruili-Province-B-Preview-26-04-14

Yes it's a piss-take post in its entirety, but he has a point.

Also, whenever it comes on many people don't sing it properly, with people going too fast or getting the words wrong, despite the fact the words are there on the screen and the music is played on the PA.

I hate it. Fortunately we never seem to sing it during the matches and have a lot of other decent songs.

I do think it's cringeworthy, and stupid when people can't clap in time.

I just wouldn't take isolated comments from what's likely only a handful of people on the internet and turn into into something that sounds dramatic like 'Other clubs are laughing at us!' - even if you found me 10, 15, 20 posts like that, it wouldn't be a groundswell of opinion.

Again, people really don't care and IMO it's not something anyone should get hung up about!

PS The words on the screen are wrong, now that's embarrassing.

PPS, pretty much every 'official' football song in existence is bloody terrible - that's the joy of them, they're all cringeworthy nonsense!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think it's cringeworthy, and stupid when people can't clap in time.

I just wouldn't take isolated comments from what's likely only a handful of people on the internet and turn into into something that sounds dramatic like 'Other clubs are laughing at us!' - even if you found me 10, 15, 20 posts like that, it wouldn't be a groundswell of opinion.

Again, people really don't care and IMO it's not something anyone should get hung up about!

PS The words on the screen are wrong, now that's embarrassing.

PPS, pretty much every 'official' football song in existence is bloody terrible - that's the joy of them, they're all cringeworthy nonsense!

Not stupid - impossible.

Distance from someone in the back of the south stand to the back of the north stand is around 170 metres. The speed of sound in air is approximately 340 metres per second.

In order for someone in the south stand to hear two people (one in the north stand, one in the south stand) clapping apparently simultaneously, the person in the north stand would need to clap half a second earlier. Similarly, for it to sound 'right' to someone in the north stand, then the fan in the south stand would have to clap half a second earlier.

That's why sound in a football stadium always appears to 'roll'.

Not stupid - impossible.

Distance from someone in the back of the south stand to the back of the north stand is around 170 metres. The speed of sound in air is approximately 340 metres per second.

In order for someone in the south stand to hear two people (one in the north stand, one in the south stand) clapping apparently simultaneously, the person in the north stand would need to clap half a second earlier. Similarly, for it to sound 'right' to someone in the north stand, then the fan in the south stand would have to clap half a second earlier.

That's why sound in a football stadium always appears to 'roll'.

I don't mean in time with each other, I mean in time with the song.

People sat within 25 yards either way of me shouting DERBY up to 2 seconds before the actual song - no sound travel issues there!

You're just a French Robbie Savage, French Robbie saaaavage

When the ball hits your head and you're sat in row Z, that's Zamora.

You're **** with a trowel

You're brick work is rough

You're a useless fat builder

So Charlie Austin, fook off

My dog, is a little staffie

Fetches a stick and brings it to me

It gives me it's paw

It even does a dance

But it hasn't got me millions in an offshore bank

Hurrah for anecdotal evidence!

You really don't think people find the phrase "everyone is frightened of that Derby pride" funny?

Here's an example of someone ripping it which I saw recently:

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?51161-Derby-County-4-2-Fruili-Province-B-Preview-26-04-14

Yes it's a piss-take post in its entirety, but he has a point.

Also, whenever it comes on many people don't sing it properly, with people going too fast or getting the words wrong, despite the fact the words are there on the screen and the music is played on the PA.

I hate it. Fortunately we never seem to sing it during the matches and have a lot of other decent songs.

Fearsome Farming Song! That is about spot on!

You're just a French Robbie Savage, French Robbie saaaavage

When the ball hits your head and you're sat in row Z, that's Zamora.

You're **** with a trowel

You're brick work is rough

You're a useless fat builder

So Charlie Austin, fook off

My dog, is a little staffie

Fetches a stick and brings it to me

It gives me it's paw

It even does a dance

But it hasn't got me millions in an offshore bank

Lovely to the tune of that Dance wherever he may be thingy

Archived