Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

Always read this forum but only just decided to sign up! Having been a season ticket holder for the past 12 years, since I was 11 I have to say this season has been great, such great football to watch. The only tactic I feel Steve has got wrong this season was the fact he didn't start Bryson, I think we would have scored even before they had o'neill sent off, he is clearly our most inventive player. That being said I cannot fault anything else about Derby this season, what a horrible way to lose the game but we will win the championship next year if we can keep hold of our players. Youuuuuuuuu raaaaaaaaaaammmmmmms! 

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. We left at 9:15am, got into the car park at half 1. Didn't get home til about 9:15pm.

Srg go have a look at yourself in the mirror!!!, some folk travelled back to Australia and your whinging about traffic back to Derby!!!

I'd walk from Derby to Wembley to watch the mighty Derby County and I'd walk back!!

Awful lot of whinging on here, we lost, we didn't score, simple, it just wasn't our day. 

Anyway if it cheers you up the Aberdeenshire Rams spent over 12 hours on a megabus to get home to Aberdeen, and when we drove just passed Dundee, the bus stopped for a further 40 mins, for a replacement bus, as the windsreen wipers had broken!!!!

Keep The Faith.

PS I'm blaming the Kappa Rams strip, to much black round the middle etc, just like them black arm shirts against Leicester City at Wembley. We had a new shirt on when we beat WBA, maybe we should have tried that for this one.

I'm still having a laugh to myself at the Derby fans that were sat behind me, that moaned throughout the whole game and got up at the final whistle and called Ward a Wannker.

If that's what some supporters think is getting behind your team, well I'm clearly wasting my time.

Well apart from owt else re who travelled where and how long it took (credit to fans everywhere btw) - I'd like to know why Joey Barton is on Question Time. With Piers Morgan.

What a wierd choice. Did Barton really once put a lit cigar out on somebody's eyelids?

Nice.

Well apart from owt else re who travelled where and how long it took (credit to fans everywhere btw) - I'd like to know why Joey Barton is on Question Time. With Piers Morgan.

What a wierd choice. Did Barton really once put a lit cigar out on somebody's eyelids?

Nice.

I normally watch QT whatever - and usually get wound up by one of the panel. This time I'm getting wound up just reading the panelists. Those two are the most arrogant, self-important pr1cks I can think of.  Why do the BBC think celebrities must be invited in? Is it a vain attempt to coax people to get interested in politics?

I'm still having a laugh to myself at the Derby fans that were sat behind me, that moaned throughout the whole game and got up at the final whistle and called Ward a Wannker.

If that's what some supporters think is getting behind your team, well I'm clearly wasting my time.

Was alright where we were. No serial moaners. Just my brother having a rant against God/fate when they scored. He was easy to hear, I don't think anyone else within 50 yards said a word, everyone was just a picture of stunned silence and disbelief.

Nice.

Nothing more than dumbing down of QT, which is a shame. Barton thinks he's very intelligent as well, gives an added element to his wummery. I won't be watching. 

at the end of the day steve McLaren picked the wrong team , like it or lump it , bobby Zamora got it bang on when he said how can you win games without your best player and joey barton stated that they had set up all week to cope with Bryson and hes on the bench , it was like winning the lottery for them when they saw the team sheets , what happens within 5 minutes of bryso coming on ?

he has a shot which green saves , he cuts one back for chris martin which green puts on to the post and cuts one back for dawkins which green saves , you need players who can get in behind a slow defence , bryso has proved all season he can do that , no one is saying will hughes or jeff hendrick are not good players but they are a different type of player and so easy to mark , how McLaren is not getting more stick for the team selection beggars belief

at the end of the day Steve McLaren picked the wrong team , like it or lump it , bobby Zamora got it bang on when he said how can you win games without your best player and joey barton stated that they had set up all week to cope with Bryson and hes on the bench , it was like winning the lottery for them when they saw the team sheets , what happens within 5 minutes of bryso coming on ?

he has a shot which green saves , he cuts one back for chris martin which green puts on to the post and cuts one back for dawkins which green saves , you need players who can get in behind a slow defence , bryso has proved all season he can do that , no one is saying will hughes or jeff hendrick are not good players but they are a different type of player and so easy to mark , how McLaren is not getting more stick for the team selection beggars belief

Winning the lottery because Bryson wasn't playing? He was poor at Brighton and never featured in arguably our most impressive win of the season in the second leg

He was always goign to feature, but he's not feckin Lionel Messi where he's the first name on the teamsheet. He's not even our most important and vital midfielder - George Thorne is.

Steve McClaren's biggest mistake was bringing on Dawkins instead of Bamford.

Your Bryson obsession is dangerous. See a doctor buddy or psychiatrist, you have a problem.

Winning the lottery because Bryson wasn't playing? He was poor at Brighton and never featured in arguably our most impressive win of the season in the second leg

He was always goign to feature, but he's not feckin Lionel Messi where he's the first name on the teamsheet. He's not even our most important and vital midfielder - George Thorne is.

Steve McClaren's biggest mistake was bringing on Dawkins instead of Bamford.

Your Bryson obsession is dangerous. See a doctor buddy or psychiatrist, you have a problem.

It's far from dangerous , it's fact and the qpr team will tell you that , he was poor at Brighton and I'm not one who doesn't talk the truth but so was George Thorne if you want to go into that display , if it wasn't for Bryson derby would not have been at wembley and that's a fact , George Thorne is a fantastic player but a different player , it was between Hendrick Hughes and bryso , in my eyes and I'm not alone it should have been bryso and one of them , it was a 120 million game to the club not just another league game

As much as Jeff and Will have done well for the last few games, I was gutted to see bryson on the bench. I disagree with Bris, I DO think Bryson is our messi. He makes things happen.

16 goals and 12 assists from a midfielder is an incredible return. If he was fit, he should have played and not just because he's one of our biggest threats.

That might have been the biggest game of brysons career to date, he'd done enough this season to deserve to play in the biggest game.

Thye say goals are conceded when there have been three mistakes in a row.

Games are lost with 3 mistakes as well.

For me ileaving Brsyon out was mistake number one. Mistake number 2 was bringing on Dawkins for Russell, who looked a real livewire. Mistake number 3 was leaving Bamford on the bench for too long. We needed a goal, a bit of luck or a bounce on the edge of the box falling to young patrick. There was no point in not getting him on after 80 minutes.

3 mistake by the players = goal conceded.

3 mistakes by the manager =  game lost.

I'm not criticising because I thnk everyone makes mistakes.

It's been too good a season results wise to criticise anything.

As much as Jeff and Will have done well for the last few games, I was gutted to see bryson on the bench. I disagree with Bris, I DO think Bryson is our messi. He makes things happen.

16 goals and 12 assists from a midfielder is an incredible return. If he was fit, he should have played and not just because he's one of our biggest threats.

That might have been the biggest game of brysons career to date, he'd done enough this season to deserve to play in the biggest game.

For me ileaving Brsyon out was mistake number one. Mistake number 2 was bringing on Dawkins for Russell, who looked a real livewire. Mistake number 3 was leaving Bamford on the bench for too long. We needed a goal, a bit of luck or a bounce on the edge of the box falling to young patrick. There was no point in not getting him on after 80 minutes.

M8 it won't catch on talking sense on here , I've a feeling mclaren can do no wrong , well he's been fantastic since he came to derby but I reckon he made a mistake Saturday , nothing more nothing less , jeff and will are really good players but they don't get in behind defenders like craig , within 5 minutes of coming on he had created 3 chances , the 2 other boys never did that all game that's the only point I am making

mate it won't catch on talking sense on here , I've a feeling mclaren can do no wrong , well he's been fantastic since he came to derby but I reckon he made a mistake Saturday , nothing more nothing less , jeff and will are really good players but they don't get in behind defenders like craig , within 5 minutes of coming on he had created 3 chances , the 2 other boys never did that all game that's the only point I am making

Same old fans are quite happy to bang on about beating Forest 5-0 etc but are soon to forget the main man that day and right up to the semi play offs when he picked up a niggle. Take away any of the 3 spine of our team players this season, Buxton, Bryson & Martin and I certainly think we miss them. And on Saturday we missed Bryson, without a shadow of a doubt, and if Nigel Clough had done the same thing, he'd of been getting dogs abuse on here. Let's just see where we are in 4 years from now, and if McClaren still can do no wrong and I suppose we don't have to watch Vicars & Rush on East Midlands News climbing up an hill and then basking in their own glory in a country pub after. Their are positives to being in the Championship, and I'm sure we will win more games than Q.P.R next season, and if that spine remains in place.

Archived